Molecular Laboratory Supervisor (Tuesday - Saturday) at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for to build a laboratory operations team who are passionate and focused on developing state of the art techniques to processing and creating and interpreting vast amounts of genomic and molecular data. You will collaborate with product, research, and business development teams to develop the most advanced sequencing platform in cancer care.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide daily oversight of a cutting-edge molecular workflow to provide high-quality next-generation sequencing data with rapid turnaround times, including tumor genomic, germline genomic, and transcriptomic sequencing
- Establish and maintain appropriate QC and QA programs
- Maintain CLIA and CAP compliance regarding equipment, reagents, and staff training
- Complete quality review of all samples within the NGS workflow from extraction to sequencing
- Balance turnaround time while optimizing costs of sequencing workflow
- Schedule training and competency assessments for personnel
- Mentor junior staff
- Work the Tuesday - Saturday daytime shift
- MS in the Biological sciences with at least three years of experience or BS in the biological sciences with at least five years of experience
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of patient related materials in compliance with HIPAA requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Must have experience working in a molecular lab; prefer experience with next-generation sequencing
- Ability to work with others to plan and carry out scientific programs
- Self-driven and works well in an interdisciplinary team with minimal direction
- Strong desire to build products that will save lives and change the course of cancer