Molecular Laboratory Supervisor (Tuesday - Saturday)
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We’re on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings.
We are looking for to build a laboratory operations team who are passionate and focused on developing state of the art techniques to processing and creating and interpreting vast amounts of genomic and molecular data. You will collaborate with product, research, and business development teams to develop the most advanced sequencing platform in cancer care.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide daily oversight of a cutting-edge molecular workflow to provide high-quality next-generation sequencing data with rapid turnaround times, including tumor genomic, germline genomic, and transcriptomic sequencing
- Establish and maintain appropriate QC and QA programs
- Maintain CLIA and CAP compliance regarding equipment, reagents, and staff training
- Complete quality review of all samples within the NGS workflow from extraction to sequencing
- Balance turnaround time while optimizing costs of sequencing workflow
- Schedule training and competency assessments for personnel
- Mentor junior staff
- Work the Tuesday - Saturday daytime shift
- MS in the Biological sciences with at least three years of experience or BS in the biological sciences with at least five years of experience
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of patient related materials in compliance with HIPAA requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Must have experience working in a molecular lab; prefer experience with next-generation sequencing
- Ability to work with others to plan and carry out scientific programs
- Self-driven and works well in an interdisciplinary team with minimal direction
- Strong desire to build products that will save lives and change the course of cancer