Network Architect (Consulting) at West Monroe
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking a Network Architect (Consulting) to join our Tech – Cloud & Infrastructure practice and focus on IT networking solution designs, builds, deployments, and migrations to solve some of our clients’ most complex business problems. The architect will lead the design and implementation of network components to support client requirements and drive the development of resilient network and IT security architecture. As a technology agnostic firm, they will also have the chance to continuously expand their skillset while working with modern tools, platforms, and frameworks.
- Analyze current state business processes and supporting technical architecture, assess existing client network infrastructures, identify business and technical requirements, and document “as-is” environments
- Plan, organize, and lead concurrent client workstreams, developing detailed network designs for on-premises data networks, cloud networks, and supporting network security needs
- Architect on-premises and hybrid cloud network implementations, while gaining exposure to a variety of cutting-edge hardware and software vendors
- Design, build/configure, and deploy technology related to network switching, routing, QoS, and/or security
- Leverage network services to maximize infrastructure efficiency, I.e. load balancers, monitoring tools
- Introduce SD-WAN technologies and concepts, and promote Infrastructure-as-Code where applicable
- Organize project work into client presentations, outlining findings and recommendations for executive stakeholders
- Collaborate face-to-face with West Monroe clients and consulting teams on various workshops and whiteboarding sessions
- Contribute to practice development and Networking Center of Excellence improvements when and where applicable
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Consulting firm/industry experience preferred
- 6-11+ years of experience designing, engineering, and implementing IT networking solutions, with proficient skills in multiple of the following areas:
- On-premises data networking (LAN, WAN, Data Center)
- Cloud networking (AWS, Azure)
- SD-WAN (VMware SASE/VeloCloud, Cisco Viptela, Palo Alto CloudGenix)
- Layer 2 switching (VLANs, STP, vPC, LACP)
- Layer 3 routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- Network Security (Firewalls, IDS/IPS, ACLs, NATs, VPN)
- Vendors – Cisco (IOS, ASA, Nexus, Meraki), Nokia MPLS, Palo Alto, FortiGate, Juniper, etc.
- Preference for experience acting as technical lead on projects and/or managing teams of engineers
- Strong sense of urgency with the ability to deliver solutions in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Excellent critical thinking, leadership, communication, and project management skills
- Experience working within a collaborative, cross-functional, team-based environment
- Willingness to travel for out-of-town client engagements – COVID-19 permitting
- Bonus – certifications such as CCNP, CCNA, JNCIP, JNCIA, Azure, AWS; proficient skills across broader IT infrastructure (Windows, Linux, servers, storage, virtualization, etc.); business development, practice development
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.