NGS Lab Staff Scientist
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We are looking for a Staff Scientist who will be responsible for the development of new tests and processes in the NGS lab.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop cutting-edge molecular assays for high-throughput CAP/ CLIA/ NYSDOH accredited clinical lab
- Lead validation team from project inception through launch including sample selection, hands-on laboratory validation, establishing workflow and SOPs, and authoring validation plans and summaries
- Train clinical staff in new assay workflows
- Conduct troubleshooting and quality control initiatives
- Assist with development of automated processes
- Provide flexible support for other activities in the clinical Next Generation Sequencing lab, including emerging technology assessment, LIMS consulting, instrument troubleshooting, etc.
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes smoothly
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years experience in molecular techniques required, Master’s degree with 5+ years experience in molecular techniques required, or PhD with 2+ years experience in molecular technique required, including experience in a clinical laboratory, preferable CAP/NYS accredited
- Previous assay development and/or validation experience required
- Experience with NGS library preparation methods and is highly desired