Penetration Tester at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewWe operate the award-winning School of Cybersecurity and the Cyber Certified Experts (CCE) program. We pride ourselves that our education and certification programs are supported by full-time professionals defending organizations and systems in the field. This means that training and certification are practical and supported by real-life experience. Members of our team have the opportunity to teach courses, develop course material, as well as materials for certification programs. As an employee, you will have the opportunity to expand your proficiency by building the proficiency of other cyber professionals.
Looking for a Penetration Tester to join our team. This position requires traveling to customer locations to perform testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform mimicking real-world attacks to identify methods for circumventing the security features of an application, system, or network and conducting a vulnerability assessment of the information systems operating within the system boundary.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Three (3) years of experience conducting automated vulnerability scanning assessments to determine the overall effectiveness of the vulnerability state of components, applications and databases following NIST Special Publications and other industry standards/best practices.
- Two (2) years of experience assessing resources residing with commercial cloud environments.
- Two (2) years of experience using automated vulnerability scanning and penetration assessment tools.
- Knowledge of and comprehensive understanding of NIST guidance to include, but not limited to, NIST Special Publications and Federal Information Processing Standards.
- Proficiency with enterprise architecture methodologies, concepts, procedures, principles, and tools.
- Knowledge and comprehensive understanding of enterprise-level IT Operations, cloud services, network local area networks, wide area networks, applications and help desk services.
- Proficiency in systems administration, network administration, cloud administration, and/or help desk.
- Proficiency in conducting penetration testing.
- Proficiency in conducting vulnerability and compliance scanning.
- Possess familiarity with a variety of the IT technologies, architecture, concepts, best practices, and procedures.
- Proficiency in interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in handling multiple tasks concurrently.
- Proficiency in project and time management.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to work in a cohesive team-oriented environment.
- Proficiency in proofreading deliverables for clear, concise language, completeness, correctness, and consistency.
- Proficiency in verbal and written communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related cyber/cyber security field.
- The following certifications (one or more is required): CISSP, CEH, or similar certification.
- The following certifications (one or more is preferred): Lunarline, Inc. School of Cybersecurity “Certified Expert” certifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related cyber/cyber security field.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.