Performance Test Engineer
- Create performance-based system automation and advanced load test scripts.
- Perform front and backend performance root cause analysis, provide key recommendations.
- Ensure system reliability and consistency of software performance on a release by release basis.
- Serve as key contributor to maintaining performance industry standards and Cloud best practices across the organization.
- Install, configure, and implement performance testing tools in a web/cloud based application.
- Define Performance Test requirements by working with key business and IT users and project stakeholders.
- Determine Performance Test conditions with key stakeholders.
- Arrange performance test execution test cycles and schedule timeframes with business and IT resources to monitor and support the performance test results.
- Establish and define performance baseline for a system under test.
- Analyze and publish results and metrics for remediation by application and infrastructure teams
- Coordinate with Core Application Development, Business Unit, Database, Middleware, and Operations teams to identify performance improvement areas
- Advice development teams on scalability and performance strategies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent plus a minimum of 3 years of working experience in a related field.
- 3-5 years of working knowledge and implementations of at least 2 of the following performance testing tool sets: HP LoadRunner, Apache Jmeter, and Radview WebLOAD
- Experience with BlazeMeter or other cloud based load generator solutions is a plus
- Knowledge of performance testing best practices, standards, and the software development lifecycle
- Experience analyzing and optimizing systems for performance(NewRelic,AppDynamics)
- Experience with extracting response data and correlation for dynamic data uses.
- Knowledgeable in defining and building a load profile with ramp up and ramp down profiles
- Hands on experience with using Splunk
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong skills in backend development languages, C#/Java experience in an enterprise software production environment and/or cloud SaaS is preferred
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Understanding of throughput, latency, memory and CPU utilization is a plus
- Experience with implementing CI/CD with Jenkins is a plus