Principal Engineer (C++)
What Will You Be Working On?
We are looking for a passionate Principal Engineer with extensive hands-on experience in building scalable distributed systems. This person will be a team leader, mentor and drive small teams using agile process in our server-on-prem team for our flagship products that helps over 3000 clients collaborate and manage documents efficiently as well as securely.
You will play a leading role in the architecture, development, and deployment of critical, large scale products. Because of our commitment to CI/CD, we are using some cutting-edge technologies like C++, Azure, Windows, SQL Server and more. We encourage our employees to collaborate and build great relationships globally. Our leadership team cares about every individual holistically, on a personal and professional level.
- Work within cross-functional engineering teams as well as peer teams to build an integrated solution
- Collaborate with product managers to qualify new features
- Encourage software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation) and related tools like GitHub, JIRA
- Communicate, document and present in front of technical and business audiences
- Strive to consistently learn and improve within the company as well as share knowledge with colleagues globally
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of experience building software or applications with C++
- Expert proficiency in one other high-level modern programming languages like C#, Python, etc.
- Expertise with relational database systems, particularly Microsoft SQL*Server
- Thought leadership and design skills in one or more key technology areas: high-transaction systems, micro-services based distributed architectures, fault-tolerant designs, data and system security.
- Experience with Windows platforms for development and production use
- Development exposure to public cloud services like Azure is preferred
- Working exposure to CI/CD pipelines and build management within a Cloud/SaaS environment is a plus
iManage transforms how professionals in legal, accounting and financial services get work done by combining the power of artificial intelligence with market leading document and email management. iManage automates routine cognitive tasks, provides powerful insights and streamlines how professionals work while maintaining the highest level of security and governance over critical client and corporate data. Over one million professionals at over 3,000 organizations in over 65 countries – including more than 2,000 law firms and 500 corporate legal departments – rely on iManage to deliver great client work.
Learn more at: www.imanage.com