Principal Engineer at HealthJoy
Why Our Work Matters
The healthcare industry is notoriously difficult to navigate. Nearly one third of the $3 trillion spent on healthcare annually results from this complexity. Our mission is to simplify the healthcare experience in a way that provides access to better care at a lower cost.
Since 2014, HealthJoy has been committed to revolutionizing the way people access healthcare. Through an easy to use app that brings together healthcare information and on-demand help, we enable people to be more informed and confident when making decisions about their healthcare. It’s no small feat, but our work makes a significant difference in people’s lives.
Our team has compassion and energy for the problems we are solving. We hold ourselves accountable and deliver on ambitious, meaningful goals. Putting egos aside, we commit to doing what it takes to bring positive changes to our users. Everyone plays a role.
Together we are building the future of healthcare. Join us!
Your Role in our Mission
We are looking for a self-starter, principal engineer, with a deep desire to learn and develop software that improves peoples’ lives. If you’re passionate about developing the best software, as well as coaching other developers to do so, then we want to hear from you.
You will build the backend systems that power our application, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices. Above all, your work will impact people’s interactions with the healthcare system.
What You'll Accomplish
- Translate business vision into software architecture and technical specs
- Define technical vision and plan for project management
- Guide other engineering team members on architectural decisions and task execution
- Design and implement new features into the HealthJoy platform
- Mentor other engineers, providing thoughtful guidance using code/design/architecture reviews.
- Collaborate with other engineering team members to improve quality and velocity
- Collaborate on creating a scalable infrastructure to serve our growing user base
What You'll Need
- Comfort in microservices architecture and patterns
- Expertise in designing, implementing, and supporting RESTful web services in Python
- Track record of developing on backend frameworks
- Experience in automating CI/CD pipeline
- At ease in the AWS ecosystem
- Deep technical experience with relational databases
- High commitment to quality, monitoring, and support
- Insatiable curiosity to learn new architectural principles, programming languages, and tools
- Passionate in coaching developers and empowering testers; distributed team experience will be a plus
- Experience in Frontend frameworks React, Angular, and/or Redux will be a plus
- Medical benefits with generous employer contribution + dental and vision
- HSA with company contribution
- Stock options
- Pre-Taxed Transit
- Parental leave
- Flexible PTO policy
- Laid back work environment
- Monthly company sponsored happy hours
- Weekly instacart orders and catered lunches every Friday
HealthJoy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.