Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
As part of the Enterprise Architecture organization within Discover, we are building out our capabilities around our next generation Container & Serverless management platform. OpenShift Container Platform (OCP), at its core, leverages Kubernetes for container & functions management. If you are truly passionate about technology and enjoy being part of a highly innovative, collaborative team that leverages cutting edge technologies in the cloud, container & serverless space, then this role is for you! You will get to work with a vast array of technologies including OpernShift/Kubernetes, Docker/CRI-O, & Knative running on public cloud providers such as AWS.
Researches, designs, develops and tests both software and DevOps techniques to accelerate the software development and release processes. In this role, new tools and techniques like Harness, GitOps, and Helm will be explored and analyzed to determine how they can be utilized to provide business value at blazing speeds. A successful candidate will be obsessed with value-add activities and delivering on long term strategies
- Recommends decision technology integration patterns, designs experiments, test hypotheses and build statistical models. Collaborates with other subject matter experts to select the relevant data sources. Conducts data analysis and moderately complex design algorithm.
- Designs data pipelines, conceptual data models, physical and schematic data models.
- Works with stakeholders to identify the business requirements and the expected outcome. Develops solution architecture in support of the desired outcome.
- Develops the technology roadmap on big data analytics solutions and real time decisioning capabilities. Educates the organization on new approaches and promote on the use.
- Works in conjunction with Enterprise Architecture, Data Governance, and Information Security to ensure compliance with Enterprise technology and data policies and standards.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, or related field
- 2+ years of work experience as a Data Analyst, or related
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of work experience as a Data Analyst, or related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 3+ years network engineering experience (route/switch + network services such as DNS/DHCP, Load Balancing & Firewalls).
- 4+ years Networking or IT with datacenter and cloud infrastructure experience (e.g. AWS, IBM, GCP), (must have at least 2yrs Networking experience on AWS)
- 2+ years with Ansible, and other automation tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Working experience with Kubernetes and preferably OpenShift.
- Experience working with Docker
- Strong understanding of distributed platforms in both traditional and Cloud infrastructures.
- ITIL foundations, or related certification
- Software development background with experience with software development projects in the network engineering space & Experience working with custom API's
- Strong understanding of API authorization and scoping (API Gateways)
- Strong understanding and experience with security of Network connections and data in transit (HTTPS, TLS, Certs)
- Cisco/Network Industry Certification - CCNA or higher
- Working knowledge of relational (e.g. SQL style database) and non-relational database systems (e.g. Splunk)
- Working knowledge with event and process management platforms (e.g. ServiceNow, Moogsoft)
- Ability to work in a team environment (including, but not limited to sharing and reusing of existing code, strong documentation, and leveraging Git for code management
- Working experience with Linux / Unix OS
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.