Principal Quality Engineer- SDET at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for defining the testing strategy with a SAFe Agile Release Train to ensure that quality is built in from the start. In collaboration with the Application Architects and Product Managers, the QE Architect will assist in driving to deliver a fully automated development lifecycle focused on delivering a platform capable of full automation between the development and production environments. The individual will be required to foster collaboration and provide thought leadership while contributing to core products for the department.
- Drives for quality, ensure Quality is built in from the start via establishing acceptance criteria, defining quality gates, staying abreast if new and emerging technologies and working with Senior Management to define and maintain a strategy.
- Participates in Program grooming to understand initiatives, technical features, and business features to ensure strategy supports them.
- Responsible for overall test strategy design, timely amendment and delivery. QE subject matter expert and testing solutions architect.
- Provides leadership support to the system team ensuring team cohesion through regular team meetings, 1:1's. Takes necessary steps (prioritization, mentoring, and assistance) to enable the teams to be a high value, cross-functional, autonomous unit.
- Manages quality/test challenges at the team level providing guidance, training, technical support and where necessary mentoring individuals.
- Participate in a Test Design Review Board for integration test plans with focus on functional, business, complex scenarios, high impact projects, usability, and accessibility Master clouds requirements (e.g. underlying techstack, business usage, implementation)
- Create end-to-end, cross platform-impacting, integration automation (API and UI) with complex orgs Interface with customers to understand real life usage, build test cases
- Execute Testing with complex org setup, varied data shapes Organize and drive cross product testing
- Advocate for customer enhancements Monitor product and/or feature-level quality health metrics (testability, test health, test coverage, etc)
- Works closely with senior developers, Architects to ensure their features are delivered to meet business and quality requirements
- leadership and coaching to others on your scrum teams, as well as providing mentoring to others who may be on other Agile teams.
- Maintain quality system procedures and perform quality assurance activities as per company standards.
- Evaluate the efficiency of existing QA processes and recommend improvements.
- Bachelors Information Technology
- 6+ years’ Leading software testing teams utilizing Agile delivery methods within Payments Industry or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum Certifications and Licenses : ISTQB Foundation
- In Lieu of Education 8+ years’ Experience Leading software testing teams utilizing Agile delivery methods within Payments Industry or Equivalent Experience
Bonus Points If You Have
- 10+ years of experience in leading software testing teams utilizing Agile delivery methods within the Payments industry or equivalent experience
- Highly proficient in Java
- Experience with automation of API/UI - preferred experience with Cloud and Micro Services
- Grasp of Object Oriented Programming Familiar with industry quality & usability practices
- Proficient in writing functional automation, preferred experience with Cucumber/Jmeter, Rest Assured
- Self-motivator, who can work independently, able to learn quickly, meets deadlines and demonstrates problem-solving skills.
- ISTQB Intermediate Test Manager #LI-BG1 #Remote #BI-Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.