Principal Software Engineer, Cloud Engineering / DevSecOps (Remote) at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Cloud Infrastructure team is responsible for the development and operations of critical cloud infrastructure and platform services, in support of Motorola Solutions' public and hybrid cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions for public safety customers. This team is part of Motorola Solutions’ Software Enterprise division, which offers secure, reliable and efficient team communications, workflow and operational intelligence solutions for mission critical public safety and enterprise markets throughout the world. Our services leverage Cloud Computing infrastructure on AWS to build at scale.
The Cloud Infrastructure team is responsible for:
- Design and implementation of the continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline into multiple public cloud regions
- Development and operation of common platform services that can be leveraged by our SaaS solutions moving forward
- Overall reliability and security of these services and the environments they are run in
- Monitoring and support for these platform and infrastructure services, as well as metrics collection and reporting related to them
This position is open to all remote candidates based in the US.
Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contracts. Some contracts may have higher-level clearance requirements. Applicants need not possess a current security clearance.
The position is part of our Cloud Infrastructure Engineering (CIE) organization which operates and manages our Public Safety Application SaaS platform. You will be part of a team that is responsible for the security of these mission critical systems that are used everyday by public safety and government agencies across multiple countries. In this role, you will also be working in a world-class team that uses state of the art technologies and techniques. Your efforts will help to shape engineering culture and standards across our software product organization.
We are seeking a strong DevSecOps Engineering candidate to help us deploy and manage cybersecurity components that protect our SaaS Infrastructure running in Azure and AWS.
- Member of a small team who are responsible for the security posture of our deployments in AWS and Azure.
- Responsible for platform operational security configuration, including WAF rules, IDS/IPS settings, NSG setting, PSPs, Azure policies, and controls over the entirety of the infrastructure.
- Deploying and maintaining tools for AV, Code Signing, Automated Inventory, user access reviews, and associated dashboards.
- Deploy, configure, and manage our container based HIDS solution based on the Palo Alto Prisma Cloud product line (a.k.a. Twistlock Defenders).
- Implement automated tools to help monitor security alerts.
- Implement automated tools to help identify configuration changes.
- Implement automated testing to validate the proper operation and error handling of security components.
- Evaluate, test and recommend new cloud security tools (WAF, API Management, IPS/IDS)
- Reviews security settings under control of product development teams.
- Work with compliance specialists to identify and manage artifacts needed for proof of compliance.
- Work with system monitoring specialists in the MSI SOC to detect and respond to indicators of compromise.
- Documenting the system and controls.
- Fill in as Incident Coordinator as needed
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with a variety of work partners including developers, product management, tech support, legal, and senior management.
- Strong Linux system administration skills
- Strong familiarity with cloud technologies including Azure and AWS environments.
- Strong scripting experience with Shell Scripts, Powershell and Python.
- Must be familiar with Azure Security Center and cloud security best practices.
- Must be familiar with docker and tools used to secure docker deployments such as Twistlock, Aqua, StackRox or NuVector.
- Familiarity with using Elasticsearch, Kibana, Elastic Watchers, and Elastic SIEM.
- Strong familiarity with the functions of WAF and IDS components.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, NGINX, and/or SignalSciences WAF would be a plus.
- Familiarity with CIS benchmarks including the Docker, Linux, and Kubernetes benchmarks would be a plus.
- Experience with AWS Security controls, and AWS Trusted Advisor is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree - preferred.
This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.
At least 10+ years of professional experience in a high-tech environment with 5+ years of security engineering / DevSecOps and/or system administration experience.
Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer.
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.