Cribl is looking for a Principal Software Engineer. We are a fast-growing, remote-first company with a mission to unlock the value of all observability data. At our core, we believe in shipping phenomenal products and doing good by our customers and communities. We provide our customers with a new and unprecedented level of observability, intelligence, and control over their real-time data. We're backed by Sequoia and CRV, and our products are deployed in some of the largest organizations in the world processing 100s of TB and PB of IT & Security data, and managed by Site Reliability Engineers, System Engineers, and Technical Operations teams.
In this position you will:
- Drive scrum and assume responsibility for project tasks and ensure they are completed in a timely fashion. Hold the teams accountable to launching the highest quality product.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure proper test planning is incorporated as early as possible.
- Design, implement and oversee continuous testing systems and reporting of quality metrics
- Effectively communicating insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Coach teams on appropriately handling a product outage, skills in identifying performance bottlenecks, spotting anomalous system behavior, and determining the root cause of incidents
- 12+ years total software engineering experience, particularly in JS/TS/NodeJS. Hands on experience with Docker is a must. Experience with Kubernetes is a plus.
- Extensive experience of test design, planning and hands on resolving the test automation
- Experience testing end to end customer use cases
- Experience dealing with Support, Sustaining and Customer Escalations
- Experience in different testing phases for a release cadence
- Understanding of data intensive applications and/or data streams processing
- Cares about details and is dedicated to elegant and high quality software
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; able to explain complex technical topics to both internal and external stakeholders with ease and in remote/distributed environments
- No fear! Speak your mind
- Good jokes, or maybe better, bad jokes
- A love for goats
- Experience working remotely
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- 401(k) plan offered
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development and Career Growth
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy, including 2 Floating Holidays to use for holidays you observe
- Social Responsibility Employee Group that reflects our value-driven company culture
Diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed. We work together to bring out the best in each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.