Principal Software Engineer at project44
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
About the Role:
project44 is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our engineering team in downtown Chicago. You will work in a fast-paced Agile environment designing, building, and implementing scalable micro-service systems consumed by companies around the world.
- Work with software architecture and design as part of your job
- Build systems in a multi-cloud environment - we use AWS & GCP but value experience in other cloud environments such as Azure
- Create large scalable Java-based micro-services leveraging the Spring Boot and the Spring Portfolio
- Create API's/web services: REST, OpenAPI/Swagger, etc.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to translate high-level roadmap vision into feasible feature specifications and deliverables
- Design and implement secure and scalable APIs such as RESTful API
- Design and implement secure and scalable Java or Python based micro-services leveraging frameworks such as Sprint Boot and Django, utilizing latest microservices architecture
- Work on database schema and implementation such as MongoDB, Postgres
- Drive cloud-based test automation solutions and deployment strategy to optimize service performance and ensure product stability using AWS, Google Cloud and Ali cloud infrastructure
- Build complex metrics solutions with data visualization support for actionable business insights
- Triage critical customer issues and support customer engagement
- BS degree or equivalent in a related discipline (CS, Eng, etc.)
- 8+ years professional experiences building large scale and real time or near real time cloud systems
- Experience in Python or Java
- Working knowledge on database (MongoDB, Postgres)
- Experience with CI systems such as Jenkins, Gitlab CI
- Deep understanding of cloud providers such as AWS, Google Cloud and Ali Cloud
- Experienced in cloud computing, application security, and familiar with secure development practices
- Willing to learn, experiment, and think creatively
- Effective communication skills: verbal and written
- Enjoy database related work: MongoDB, Postgres
- Working knowledge with Message queue, Elastic Search, and Kafka
- Understanding of cloud native concept
- Understanding of container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, helm3
- Experience in production support and troubleshooting
- Experience in Cloud Data Warehouse, such as Snowflake or Databricks is a plus
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Personal drive and maintaining a high pace - while taking responsibility for things working
Diversity & Inclusion
We are designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. It is up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work every day. We are constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It is on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We are building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we would love to review your application!
Even if you do not meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.