Principal Test Engineer at Enova
What you’ll be doing:
As a Principal Test Engineer, you will work across our software engineering team to help set the standard on testing practices. You will partner with our tech leadership team to develop, recommend, and deliver department wide initiatives. In this role, your contributions will impact the entire organization through your interaction with Analytics, TechOps, Infrastructure,and Product Management.
- The office is located within walking distance to both Union Station and Ogilvie, which makes it easy to commute from within the city or the suburbs.
- Commuter benefits, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, summer hours, tuition reimbursement, and a sabbatical program.
- Revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!)
Your core priorities will be to:
- Serve as part of our senior leadership, working in an interdisciplinary manner with other departments to develop the testing framework architecture and drive improvements in our product testing strategy.
- Lead and mentor software engineers and managers on testing technologies, best practices, and patterns.
- Champion decision-making around test engineering to implement, deploy, and support holistic solutions.
- Develop appropriate metrics to assess the value of quality being delivered through automation and testing efforts.
- Identify achievable milestones within current product goals that can be executed and aligned with larger technology and company goals.
- Participate in vendor negotiations by contributing to capacity planning, expected growth, usage projections, and assessing testing technology.
- Demonstrate industry leadership by representing Enova and our values at conferences and meetups.
What you should have:
- 5+ years as a test engineer with experience designing, implementing, and supporting multi-tier systems.
- 2+ years as a test architect across multiple connected systems.
- Experience architecting and recommending testing plans including, but not limited to: scalability, performance, stability, integration, UAT, and smoke tests.
- Working knowledge of Lean and Agile development concepts across multiple teams, working on disparate products and projects.
- 2+ years of experience working in a continuous delivery environment, with multiple product lines in active development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
Software Engineering Overview:
The Software Engineering Team, one of the largest groups in the company, is responsible and accountable for meeting the demands of our current and future businesses. We help create the “Tech” in FinTech.
We are structured into small full-stack teams, each aligned to specific business lines or core services. Each team is responsible for defining and delivering solutions through smart interactive development. We code in Ruby, Go, Java, and Swift. We use Vue and other JS frameworks for front-end development. However, we welcome engineers from different technical backgrounds and have created a training program to get you up to speed on our tech stack. Baseline is our self-paced training program, which provides a suite of exercises for all new engineering hires to work through during their first few weeks, ensuring they have the knowledge needed to be successful in their role.
Although we are divided into unique teams, our culture of collaboration promotes and encourages engagement across every team and department within the company - no team is a silo. This enables us to align our core values and create strong, best practices.
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work some place awesome."
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.