PRODUCT APPLICATION SPECIALIST at Caterpillar
As a Product Application Specialist focused on data visualization and user interface design you will be responsible for the interactive customer reports and front-end UI/UX app development. These are the two most visible pieces of the productivity solution. The solution offering will continue to evolve and grow in capability as JSS becomes the industry leader in productivity optimization services. As the number of sites using this technology grows you will be responsible for ensuring the solution is scalable, maintainable, and upgradable.
Job Duties / Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Interact with internal and external customers to collect the voice of the customer to build and maintain continuous product improvement priorities and requirements.
- Design web application user interface to collect and communicate customer/site-specific information and deliver analyses and recommendations
- Create reusable front-end web application components
- Create, test, validate, publish, and maintain interactive customer productivity reports in Tableau for internal and external customers use. Data from multiple data sources and methods will be merged and used to create and update these reports.
- Provide work direction to dedicated report development contract resource(s).
- Maintain production and development environments for ease of use, maintainability, and scalability.
- Train new internal and external customers on the use of reports and UI/UX and communicate changes to the global user base.
- Execute maintenance and updates across customers to maintain standardization as enhancements are developed and rolled out.
- Bachelor's Degree in UI/UX Design, Computer Science, Analytics, Engineering, Business or related degree OR 5-10 years of progressively responsible job-related experience
- 5+ years of experience with UI/UX and front-end development
- 5+ years of experience with design software such as Adobe Illustrator, XD, Photoshop, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or Business Objects
Top candidates will also have:
- Experience with API, database design & development, and data integration/virtualization.
- Data analysis experience
- Working knowledge of version control / GIT.
- Experience with bootstrap, flexbox, and other UI libraries.
- Quarry, aggregates, or mining industry experience.
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role.
- Experience with Caterpillar telematics systems or productivity technologies.
- Familiarity with statistics.
- Experience with Business Objects, Information Design Tool, Web Intelligence.
- Project management experience and a strong commitment to see projects through to completion.
- Ability to travel 10-15%.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.