PRODUCTION OPERATIONS ENGINEER
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Production Operations Engineer will work within our Production Operations Team and be responsible for building out Ruby on Rails web application infrastructure as well as providing support to users of Atlassian products. We are looking for engineers who can help us execute in building our application and want to have a say in the technological direction of Centro. DevOps is a mindset, which makes you comfortable working on all layers of the stack, and motivates you to help expedite the delivery of software from conception to production.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT AND ENGINEERING TEAM
At Centro, we’ve always been about making people’s lives better—from our employees to our clients. Today, we’re building a unified platform to execute every digital media advertising transaction, thus providing a new level of automation and intelligence in ad tech. This is an enormous task that will disrupt an industry and improve the lives of those who work within it.
To do this, we’re aggressively growing our team of engineers, product developers and designers. We are imaginative, passionate, determined and relentless in our efforts. Of course, we are fascinated by the complexity of engineering problems at this scale—it’s what brings bright minds together. But what keeps us coming back (and why we love coming to work everyday) is the chance to improve how work gets done: freeing up people’s time so that they can dream bigger and make life better.
Come build something amazing with us.
- Enables CI and CD through development of appropriate tools and infrastructure.
- Participates in the creation of the technology roadmap for the Operations organization
- Works across application stack to move software to production, as needed.
- Assists in identifying TOIL work and develops programmatic solutions to eliminate or reduce it
- Develops monitoring solutions, which alert the team of potential issues.
- Participates in the on-call rotation
- Develops self-service solutions to help increase productivity and reduce unnecessary roadblocks (Python)
- Helps resolve technical issues in production and other environments, which are critical to business needs.
- Assist in support of SDLC tools (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jenkins, FPM Package Management)
- Experience in an Operations environment (2-3 years) OR a Computer Science degree
- Experience in a Linux based environment (2-3 years)
- Experience (personal or professional) with a functional and object oriented programming in any language
- Working Knowledge of Cloud technologies a plus
- Familiarity with Terraform is a plus
- Familiarity with Configuration Management / Orchestration tool – Salt preferred, but not required.
- Self-driven and takes ownership very seriously
- A mindset for automation
- Experience supporting production web applications a plus
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, age, disability or any other basis protected under the law.