Python Developer / Site Reliability Engineer at JPMorgan Chase
As a JPMorgan Chase & Co. Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) you will combine software and systems to help us build a world-class engineering function. Working with your team, you’ll focus on improving our production applications and systems to creatively solve operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation.
Our culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity and problem solving is essential to our success. We bring people together with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We support teamwork, thinking big and taking risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on relevant projects, while building an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow. We are excited to see what you will bring to our team.
- Design, code, test and deliver software to automate manual operational work (Python, Java etc)
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-incident evaluations and ensure permanent closure of incidents
- Engage with development teams throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
- Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives
- Design and implement self-healing and resiliency patterns
- Design and implement performance tests, identify bottlenecks and opportunities for optimization and capacity demands, and present solutions for continuous improvements
- Design and implement best in class monitoring frameworks to accomplish end-to-end flow monitoring and noiseless alerting (Dynatrace, Splunk etc)
- Design and implement automated software and product upgrades, change management and release management solutions
- Coach or manage teams as applicable
Qualifications / Skills
- Strong Python programming skills
- Expert in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, delivering software
- Expert practitioner in one or more technology domains, may be a cross-domain expert, able to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business or across the firm
- Experience doing Level 3 Support (preferred)
- Experience working in cloud (AWS)
- Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.