We are looking to add a new QA Automation Engineer to support our Technology Team. As our QA Automation Engineer, you would play a significant role in our QA technology practice and build upon our capabilities. In this role you'd report to the Manager of Quality Assurance. In this role you would monitor every phase of the development process to ensure that the design, software, and websites adhere to company standards. Launches of websites and timely software releases are a key to success, so it's vital for releases to meet target dates and stay within budget. This role will be instrumental in helping the tech team meet deadlines by breaking up the requirements of development and acceptance criteria into attainable testing goals and relaying any issues back to the development and product teams or leaders.
- Work on short and long-term technology projects.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Code automated tests as needed.
- Provide maintenance on existing automation scripts
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Monitor debugging process results.
- Perform and document risk analysis.
- Integrate the recording of test progress and results with appropriate reporting tools.
- Develop standards and procedures to determine product quality and release readiness.
- Drive innovation and streamline overall testing processes.
- Identify, isolate, and track bugs throughout testing.
- Identify any potential problems that users might encounter.
Perform manual and automated testing.
Research and analyze product features being tested.
- Research new tools, technologies, and testing processes.
- Review user interfaces for consistency and functionality.
- 4-5 years professional work experience in QA automation engineering.
- Experience with test management tools like Xray, TestRail, or Testpad.
- Experience with testing languages such as Gherkin.
- Experience with frameworks like Selenium (Java) for executing scripts in functional and regression testing.
- Experience with tools like Cucumber for Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
- Experience with SEO spider website crawlers like Screaming Frog.
- Able to self-manage and prioritize daily work with limited direction.
- Exceptional organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity with both Agile and Waterfall lifecycles of delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively between different disciplines (development, creative, marketing, admissions, etc.) and personality types.
- Experience working collaboratively with a tech team.
- Experience with Monday.com, Confluence, Google G-Suite, Trello, Smartsheets, Jira, and BitBucket.
- Experience working with team collaboration tools such as Slack.
- Experience simultaneously working on multiple projects for a large portfolio of clients.
- Experience working with web and software development teams.
- Bonus experience: 3+ years professional work experience in higher education.
Everspring, Inc. is an ed-tech trailblazer. We create customized, integrated digital solutions that enable top universities to design and deliver their programs online, with excellence. Our exceptional technology platform and complementary services empower universities to focus on teaching engaging content that transforms lives.
We offer a range of full-service turnkey solutions and fee-for-service offerings, as well as a set of innovative standalone products. We deliver industry-leading outcomes in academics and instructional design; market research and program design; marketing and lead generation; recruitment and enrollment services; student support and retention services; and technology infrastructure and analytics. Our proprietary methodologies yield uniquely tailored solutions that drive tangible value for our university partners, their faculty, and their students.
Based in Chicago, Everspring serves a growing number of colleges and universities. Built In Chicago has named us one of the "Best Places to Work" in 2021.