Locusview is a fast-growing mobile application start-up serving the utility industries. We develop and deploy solutions for collecting, visualizing, and analyzing data for capital construction projects. Our products are leading the way in an industry at the beginning of their digital revolution.
Locusview is building a world-class team of mobile and geospatial professionals who are passionate about developing and delivering solutions that solve real-world problems for critical infrastructure. We offer a relaxed yet stimulating work environment.
Locusview is a fast-paced company where employees have the opportunity to use their creativity and innovation on a daily basis. We believe in our people, and we provide the resources and opportunities for them to explore and grow.
We are seeking a QA Automation Engineer to join our development team. In this role you would be responsible for developing and automating testing plans for three products in our ecosystem. The ideal candidate would be excited to design tests for both frontend user flows and data driven backend processes in a fast paced start-up environment. This is a full-time opportunity.
- Design and execute manual and automated functional, integration, and regression testing plans and scripts for software products
- Collaborate with internal product, business, and technical teams in creating test plans and scripts for product lines and customer specific implementations
- Log, and track bugs discovered during testing as well as gather information about user reported bugs for the development team
- Document root cause analysis and any relevant troubleshooting for solved bugs
- Document, analyze, and communicate results of functional, integration, and regression testing
- Take initiative to learn and expand your technical and professional skills
- Understanding of software development process and tools such as Sprints and Jira
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with API testing tools such as PostMan
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Familiarity with relational databases (SQL, etc...)
- Familiarity with GIS or spatial data
- Experience automating testing
- Experience with developing both frontend and backend testing (UI and APIs)
- Experience with test driven development (TDD)
- Experience with Puppeteer preferred