QA Engineer at RedShelf
Founded in 2012 and recently named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine, RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable and more effective through the use of digital instructional resources. Partnering with more than 400 publishers and 1,900 campuses nationwide, we provide leading-edge digital course materials and an end-to-end Content Delivery System for effortlessly distributing those materials.
The QA Engineer is responsible for defining, developing, and implementing QA best practices, processes, and test plans to deliver the best software possible.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Writing automated tests using Python, identify clear acceptance criteria for development stories, develop test sequences, and train development team members in qa best practices.
- Staying on top of new technologies / tools and always strives to learn / improve skill sets
- Training development team members of testing best practices
- Working with Development team to enhance and troubleshoot acceptance tests
- Managing defect documentation and tracking, resolution support, and bugfix verification
- Developing and executing pre-release test plans
- Working cross-departmentally with Customer Support and Product Teams to triage and troubleshoot issues and bugs
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years of experience working in a quality assurance role in an Agile/Scrum environment
- 2 years of automated test writing experience
- Experience designing and maintaining automated tests for whitebox and blackbox testing, executing REST API tests, Git (or other distributed control and source code management systems)
- 1+ years of experience using Selenium
- Ability to identify relationships between bugs and the underlying code while anticipating potential problems and roadblocks
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Jenkins, AWS, Docker
- Nose, pytest, Browserstack, SauceLabs, Selenium
- Celery, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Redis, PostgreSQL
- Comfort and/or experience in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possess high energy and a passion for RedShelf
RedShelf prides itself on maintaining an informal but fast-moving, hard-working, entrepreneurial culture. Our team members are smart, innovative, and passionate about improving education through digital technology.
We offer the best of both worlds: the energy and opportunity of a rapidly-growing organization, coupled with the stability of an extensive client base, strong financial backing, and proven track record of success. In addition to a forward-thinking environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth, our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages, including company stock options.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.