DialogTech provides the leading AI-driven conversation intelligence platform for marketers at businesses that value inbound phone calls. When consumers call, DialogTech turns those conversations into actionable insights businesses use to improve marketing ROI, increase sales conversions, and deliver more personalized customer experiences, both online and over the phone. Recognized as the leader and pioneer in call analytics since 2007, DialogTech is the trusted conversation intelligence platform for many of the world's most successful brands and agencies.
DialogTech is a venture funded, growth stage, digital marketing technology company with over 4,000 customers and 200 employees. Since the beginning of 2014, DialogTech has experienced over 300% growth in its enterprise customer base and doubled its average customer size.
As a QA Engineer, you'll directly contribute to a dynamic environment that drives QA efficiencies in practice, through process, and with effective tools/techniques. The QA Engineer is primarily responsible for delivering results for DialogTech by identifying and removing risks to quality for DialogTech’s software products with an Agile team that solves complex challenges and builds cutting edge software that operates at high volume.
More specifically, you will perform the following functions to drive the quality of DialogTech’s software products in the following ways:
- Identify and resolve software inconsistencies, ambiguities and defects during the design and implementation phase of software building
- Design and execute manual and automated test cases to assure the quality of a functional domain
- Plan and execute the release of software updates into our testing and production environments in our continuous deployment process
- Carry out root cause analysis on defects to ensure fixes are occurring correctly
- Perform regression testing to ensure changes to the current release do not adversely affect previously implemented functionality
- Document test cases that clearly articulate test objectives, steps and expected results
- Collaborate with team members to communicate unacceptable risks to quality
- Adhere to standard operating procedures and the collection of measures put in place to ensure consistency and improvement in the way we test software
- Contribute to the planning process to establish tasks and forecasts for work to be performed
The desired skills and qualifications you will need are:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines
- 1 to 3 years providing Software Quality Assurance for commercial-grade systems and applications
- Strong knowledge of the Software Engineering and Quality Assurance discipline
- Experience with manual, exploratory testing or automated testing techniques using tools like Selenium...experience with both is a plus
- Experience with or an interest in learning automated deployment tools like capistrano or AWS’s CodeDeploy
- Experience using a browser's developer tools console to look for and understand error messages
- Experience using a browser's developer tools network panel to observe requests and manipulate request
- Experience testing REST APIs using basic tools like Postman or PAW
- Familiarity with automated build tools like Jenkins, Travis CI, or Solano CI a plus
- Familiarity with SQL commands and the Linux command line for analyzing and debugging system behavior
- Strong problem solving skills, independent thinking, and attention to detail
- Strong partnership with co-workers for cross-group collaboration
- Ability to contribute to a motivating environment that instills accountability
- Strong verbal and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Hands-on experience with the latest QA technologies related to their feature set or domain
Be a part of a team pushing the boundaries of technology. Join us at one of the nation's Best and Brightest Companies, 10 years running, a 101 Best Places to Work in Chicago and an Inc. 500 fastest growing company!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description