The tastytrade family of companies (tastytrade, tastyworks, dough, quiet foundation, and The Small Exchange) empowers individual investors by providing educational media, intuitive and powerful trading software, high-speed order execution, innovative derivatives products, and portfolio guidance. The diversity of our offerings and the technology that powers them provides our engineers with exposure to a broad set of tools and the opportunity to dig deep into specific problems. We are an ideal environment for those who are self-motivated, engineering-focused, pragmatic, and who truly enjoy creating and operating large, highly available, and performant systems. Our team is lean at roughly 30 members and we follow a management philosophy that values the autonomy of our engineers.
- Write and execute manual and automated test cases and analyze results
- Develop and maintain automated testing frameworks
- Define, develop, and implement quality assurance practices and procedures, as well as test plans for both automation and manual testing
- Work directly with product managers and software engineers to understand system requirements, use cases, and performance considerations
- Participate in all aspects of a full life-cycle development methodology and related quality concepts and processes
- Experience in enterprise application testing (test case development and execution) for an online broker dealer or financial institution
- Experience in the software development life cycle, preferably in a financial services environment
- Knowledge of commodities markets, financial trading environments, or the equity brokerage business and exposure to futures markets is preferable
- Solid understanding of Docker, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Postman, and Jira
- Experience testing REST APIs
- Experience developing regression and functional test plans, managing defects, and implementing automated testing of web, mobile and back-end services
- Strong background in functional testing with the ability to design and develop comprehensive automated and manual test strategies and cases
*tastyworks is part of a broader family of companies that work to serve all of the needs of the retail trader. We aim to fill the financial vertical with: tastytrade, educational content; tastyworks, a platform and tools for trading derivatives; The Small Exchange, retail-accessible futures products; quiet foundation, a free investment advisory service; dough, a content-filled, easy-to-use stock-trading app; and luckbox, a monthly print and digital financial magazine.