Quality Assurance Automation Engineer at SMS Assist
We are looking for a highly motivated, client centric, engineering team oriented, Quality Assurance Automation Engineer will work with manual and automation QA engineers in evaluating existing automation framework, building new test frameworks, writing and designing automation scripts from scratch and maintaining automated test scripts to ensure quality control standards are achieved.
- Executes manual or automated test cases that validate the functionalities, code quality and reports test results, following all formal test architectures and project processes
- Implement functional testcases for testing various software components - Frontends, REST APIs, Mobile apps, and backend Microservices. Describe and clearly document test plan/procedure and test results
- Develops and maintains functional test cases, System & Integration Test cases and test artifacts like test data, test cases and automated scripts used in SDLC
- Assists in reproducing, investigating and debugging software issues in coordination with the Development team. Works with software developers and database administrators to troubleshoot test failures in the various test/customer environments.
- Collaborate with product owners, software architects, software developers and DevOps on best practices, process changes and standards as part of continuous process improvement
- Verbal Communication - Proficient
- Written Communication - Proficient
- Teamwork - Proficient
- Relationships - Proficient
- Organizational Awareness - Proficient
- Learning Agility - Proficient
- Problem Solving - Proficient
- Prioritization - Proficient
Role Specific Skills
- Strong knowledge of system testing and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Hands-on experience in designing front end automated solutions and framework with Selenium WebDriver and/or Appium.
- Experience with API automation testing
- Experience with writing performance/load testing
- Experience with SQL Server a plus
- Understanding of CI/CD automation pipelines using Jenkins, and Gitlab a plus.
- Familiar with Agile software development life cycle.
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of QA experience
- 1-3 years of automated QA experience including developing automation workflows and implementing test frameworks.