How do you iteratively adapt to the rapidly evolving technical landscape of electronic trading without affecting system stability? This is a question that our release team constantly must ask themselves. Release works very closely with the engineering teams who develop our proprietary applications to deploy software and configuration changes daily without negatively impacting our market presence. This requires not only attention to the components that you will be changing, but also situational awareness to events occurring in the products and on the exchanges that we participate in. Developers will refer to you for your specific knowledge about our deployment system and seek solutions to deliver their hard work to production. Your leadership and technical expertise will be instrumental in making this happen.
What you’ll do
- Curate release candidates
- Review and deploy nightly software and configuration changes
- Validate your work and ensure all services are running the correct version and in the correct state
- Troubleshoot any issues that may arise with our release infrastructure or build system
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering, release engineering, or configuration management
- A basic understanding of functional programming (preferably Python) and SQL
- Experience with a source code management system (preferably Git)
- Experience with both Windows Server and Linux operating systems
- Regular on-site attendance is an essential function of this position
Who we are
Belvedere Trading is its core values:
- We strive for excellence as a team and individually (Team Belvedere) and expect merit-based responsibilities and compensation (Me in Team)
- We value innovation delivered incrementally (Iterative Innovation) and expect all to act like owners (Own it)
- We communicate passionately and with compassion to reach the best solutions (Passionate Discourse)
These values help guide us as a firm and as individuals. We are excited to bring those who have similar beliefs to join our family.
What we offer
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Places to Work for Recent Grads by Simplicity and one of the Best Places to Work by Crain’s, Belvedere Trading places a great emphasis on an employee’s overall well-being. We offer a casual work environment that promotes innovation and creativity. Our employees’ health is important, so we provide full benefits and a robust wellness program including in-office yoga, health seminars, and discounted gym memberships. Belvedere also recognizes the positive effects of a strong work-life balance by having an unlimited, paid time off policy. Most importantly, Team Belvedere likes to have fun, both inside and outside the office walls!
- Belvedere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
- Please note that Belvedere Trading does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resumes will become the property of Team Belvedere. No phone calls, please.