Salesforce and Internal Tools Developer
You will ensure our tooling is best of breed and more importantly that the integrations between them are configured, managed, and running efficiently. You will partner with our Sales, Support, and Marketing Operations teams to develop and prioritize new features and enhancements to refine internal tooling and processes. You will also be responsible for documentation, following established change management, and helping to improve development lifecycle.
If you’re a self-starter who enjoys integrating large complex platforms and working on a small, fast-paced team, we’d love to talk to you.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members.
- Be introduced to the Support, Salesforce and Marketing environments.
- Get to know and begin to build working relationships with stakeholders throughout our Sales Support and Marketing teams.
- Begin to decompose larger projects into small more manageable deliverables.
- Receive regular feedback on your approach to our current architecture and tasks at hand.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Work with your manager and teammates to create and prioritize team goals.
- Begin delivering on changes and feature requests from our internal business partners.
- Begin drafting documentation around processes and standardization within our tools.
- Identifying security gaps within our systems, present plans to mitigate and work with the team get them prioritized.
- Build connections with members from other teams through active networking and community building.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Improve internal processes and standardization within our tools and integrations.
- Drive internal product training and industry best practices.
- Regularly report on the health of our tools, overall project status and continuously make recommendations for improving.
- Work and effectively communicate with other groups across the organization to ensure big-picture alignment and encourage cross-team collaboration.
- Form a career growth plan with your manager and work towards it.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Be one of the go-to experts on our Support, Salesforce and Marketing platforms.
- Mentor teammates and begin to “level up” the people around you.
- Own cross-organizational projects, demonstrating project management skills, consensus building, and strong leadership.
- Have opportunities to advocate for Sprout in the larger community by participating/speaking at conferences, user groups, etc.
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change Sprout in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members