At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology we can free hardworking people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality!
Cisco Meraki’s Support group is a growing, global, and diverse team of highly knowledgeable and empathetic customer advisors. We strive to guide our customers to successful outcomes with a mix of critical thinking and the grit to implement the next best action.About the role:
- Cisco Meraki is looking for a Salesforce-certified software engineer to develop the next generation of features, services and integrations to improve the lives of our outstanding Support team
- You will be joining our growing team of Support-focused developers and you’ll directly feel the positive impact that your projects have on our grateful (and technical) users
- We focus on features, services, and integrations around Salesforce Service Console’s case and phone ecosystems
- A typical work week might consist of:
- Deploying a deeply-desired feature request to an existing service
- Squashing a pesky bug on a newly released feature
- Spiking ideas towards a proof-of-concept as part of Agile project work
- Build features and services in a next-generation Lightning development ecosystem
- Use opportunities to turn legacy development into more performant and sustainable code
- Test early and often, and use reporting and metrics to gauge the success of deployed features
- Judiciously weigh the considerations of deploying using clicks (declarative) versus code (programmatic)
- Integrate third-party applications and data into our existing Salesforce apps and platform
- Deploy our changes safely alongside our fellow teammates and teams in Support, Product Management, Operations, Sales, Business Systems, and Engineering
- Communicate to others in a proactive, clear, concise, and respectful manner
- Brainstorm alongside our program management teams, Salesforce admins, and fellow developers to find creative solutions that are carefully considered
- Contribute valuable artifacts like architecture and design documentation for “Day 2” support
- Participate in interviews to help us build and shape our Software team
- Plan, update, and review your work as we join forces in our team’s sprint ceremonies
- Be the open and helpful engineer that you would like to see in others
- Stay well-versed in the latest theory and best practices in the Salesforce ecosystem
- Find the intersection between your personal development interests and our business needs to identify side projects
- 2-5 years development experience in the Salesforce development stack
- Apex and/or Java
- Proven examples of development work spanning teams (Product, UX, Support, Engineering, etc.) to deliver features and/or products
- Salesforce Lightning-based projects are a big plus
- Prior experience with Support or Service organizations is also a plus
- Experience with current software development lifecycles and practices
- Agile-aligned methodologies (Scaled Agile, Kanban, etc.), continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment (CD), Git-based Version Control Systems (VCS)
- Relevant Salesforce certifications and/or Trailhead badges
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical field
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are encouraging leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars! We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki.
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.