SDET Manager at OCC
As a hands-on SDET Manager, you will be heading a team of test automation engineers and leading the design and implementation of the test automation vision for the engineering team responsible for delivering scalable and resilient hybrid and Cloud-based data solutions supporting critical financial market clearing and risk activities; collaborate with developers, architects and product owners to drive the strategy of transforming the enterprise into a data-driven organization; lead through innovative strategic thinking in building data solutions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. You will help us take on unique technical challenges associated with handling large datasets and managing streaming data in public cloud and hybrid environments, build large and complex data pipelines, integrate data coming from diverse sources in different formats, implement continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines, automate everything we can get our hands on, and be a part of design principle implementation. You will have a rare and challenging opportunity to apply your technical skills, knowledge and experience, acquire new skills and grow with us.
- Enhance and lead Test Automation team that helps to delivers high quality data products.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both Test Automaton team members and product peers.
- Work closely with cross-functional technology partner and business teams.
- Coach, mentor engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of technical experience building automated solutions within regulated industries
- 3+ years of leading and managing cross-functional engineering teams
- Experience working with Cloud ecosystems (AWS)
- Experience in creating and implementing test automation strategies, automated testing methodologies and approaches (Behavioral Driven Development), tools (Selenium, Cucumber), techniques (unit, functional, integration), executing automated test suites, and debugging test failures
- Hands-on knowledge and understanding of DevOps tools and technologies such as GIT, Jenkins, Docker and CI/CD pipeline
- Experience working with one or more of the following languages: Java or Python
- Strong working knowledge of CICD
- Led a Contemporary Software transformation or experience working in such an environment
- Knowledge of SQL, Shell scripting, AWS CLI
- Understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC) in Waterfall, Lean, and Agile work environments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Desire and ability to learn other programming languages.
- Financial markets work experience, knowledge of trade and settlement lifecycle.
- Understanding of data governance and master data management processes.
Certificates or Licenses:
- AWS Certified Solution Architect Associate Level is a plus