SDET – Prepare at DocuSign
SDET – Prepare
Engineering & Tech Operations | Chicago, IL
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) – Prepare will be responsible for creating automating test scripts within a highly robust, maintainable and efficient testing framework. You are able to analyze the application and testing assets to create robust and effective automated tests for regression and deployment validation. This SDET will primarily employ automated test strategies but some manual testing may be required from time to time. In the SDET role, you will also have the opportunity to research, advise and collaborate on new and alternative tools, technologies and test automation approaches to guide us forward, as we rapidly evolve and grow as a technology company.
This position is an Individual contributor reporting to the Manager, Software Engineering.
- Create, maintain and execute of automated test cases within testing framework
- Develop, maintain and enhance testing framework
- Research and recommend testing tools and Automation methodology improvements
- Provide work estimates and risk assessment for automation of projects, test sets and/or individual test cases
- Defect reporting and tracking to ensure timely escalation and resolution of issues
- Mentoring less experienced members of the quality assurance team
- BA/BS degree in CS, EE or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years industry experience in software development industry with 2 or more of those years focused on developing test automation solutions preferably with Selenium
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages and techniques C# or Java (C# preferred)
- Experience developing automated tests that integrate into existing testing frameworks or with new scalable and reusable testing frameworks
- Working knowledge of Software Quality Assurance methodologies, testing practices and System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment, continuous Integration environment, control software and utilizing Test Management and Defect tracking Software
- Excellent analytical and debugging skills with strong technical aptitude
- Experience working with Jenkins, Salt or comparable CI/CD software Cloud technology testing experience
- Experience working with Salesforce
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.