Security Analyst at West Monroe Partners
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up firm, but we act like one. From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our Performance Services team executes our “run” offering on behalf of our clients. We are a team of enthusiasts always focused on improving our execution and our client’s performance. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you. Think you’re up for the chal lenge?
West Monroe Partners is currently seeking a Security Analyst to perform Security Incident Ticket Management, Security Monitoring and Vulnerability Management for West Monroe Partners and our Clients. This role will assist our Clients in maintaining their security operations program and be responsible for coordinating response to Security Incidents and Vulnerabilities.
* Demonstrate an understanding of security technology and ability to apply commonly known security practices and possess a working knowledge of applicable industry controls such as the NIST cyber security framework. Candidates should be familiar with security services such as vulnerability management, incident response, event monitoring, threat management, and others.
Specific skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to:
* Incident/Ticket queue management
* Monitor the queue and assign tickets
* Match Incidents to similar, review existing and generate new knowledge base articles
* Ensure that tickets are worked and resolved within service level targets
* Ensure that work is documented and Clients are updated
* Serve as a Security Team’s communication, coordination and escalation point for the Performance Services technology towers. This function may involve off-hours engagements.
* Coordinate with other queue managers to ensure handover, continuity and consistency
* Ensure that WMP policies and procedures are followed
* Perform Reporting and Analytics on security incident response related tasks
* Security Monitoring
* Operate SIEM in order to monitor the environment for events of interest
* Serve as liaison between Clients and external security services providers. This function may involve off-hours engagements
* Research external trusted intelligence sources and leverage knowledge to detect events of interest
* Perform analysis of security logs in an attempt to detect unauthorized access
* Correlate vulnerability assessment data to pinpoint potential points of attack
* Coordinate incident response process with Technology Towers when a security incident has been declared
* Plan and coordinate implementation of security measures in order to protect Client's information and infrastructure
* Document and present Security Incident analytics to management, suitable for Client's consumption
* Thoroughly and accurately understand issues and analyze the problem expeditiously in a systematic fashion
* Assist with Client’s change management processes
* Strong desire to independently handle challenging Client situations
* Understand Client’s culture, security strategies, security goals, security objectives, security capabilities, and security budget
* Strong desire to advocate for Cyber Security cause
* 2+ years of similar work experience in security
* Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
* Knowledge of security strategy and risk management
* Experience with Incident Handling, Threat Intelligence, and Vulnerability Management
* Ability and willingness to travel nationally up to 10% and be able to travel to Chicagoland area clients
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent
* Experience with a major ticketing system and a SIEM portal and/or reporting system
* Understanding of Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Web Application Firewalls, Advanced Malware Defense Appliances, DDOS Prevention, Application Whitelisting, and Network Packet Capture Solutions.
* CISSP, CEH, SANS GIAC series and other certifications that demonstrate a commitment to continued professional information security advancement are expected, but not required
* Experience with Information Security Compliance Frameworks like HIPAA, SOX, ISO 27001, ISO 27005, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-30, and PCI DSS is desired.
* Ability to read/translate IDS/IPS, syslog & firewall logs, rules and configuration
* Project management experience preferred
* Previous consulting experience and strong soft skills (active listening, problem solving, conflict resolution, etc.)
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.