Security Operations Engineer at Clearcover
Our Value Proposition:
Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
What is a Security Operations Engineer?
Clearcover is looking for an energetic, experienced, and highly motivated Security Operations Engineer to join our team. Security Engineers maintain and monitor security solutions to protect the platform that powers Clearcover. The Security Operations Engineer role is an integral part of our security organization. If you have an appetite for SecOps built on cloud and automation, we'd love to talk to you!
What will you do?
- Triage security incidents, understand the root cause, and develop detection tradecraft from threat intelligence.
- Play a significant role in the design and execution of the security operations processes, procedures, and runbooks.
- Prioritize events using existing tools to correlate data for the purpose of reducing false positives and detecting threats.
- Analyze and query logs and other data feeds to identify malicious or anomalous activity.
- Participate and lead incident response activities.
- Develop monthly reporting dashboards and metrics for security operations.
- Act as a trusted advisor for security related questions and concerns.
What do you need?
- 2+ years of experience working as a security analyst in cloud environments.
- Experience with security operations monitoring tools and processes (SIEM).
- Experience triaging security alerts and reporting on findings.
- Knowledge of defensive security measures and vulnerability trends.
- Fundamental knowledge of APIs and SOAR.
Nice to haves?
- Experience with scripting and SOAR
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with cloud detection and response.
- Experience leading IR tabletop exercises and threat hunting.
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.