Senior Ab Initio Application Consultant
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation – we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- At least seven years’ experience in an application development and/or systems support position using Ab Initio, Linux, Oracle, AutoSys, Splunk, and/or Zenoss
- Previous experience managing and supporting highly scalable distributed systems
- Ability to automate through scripting and configuration management with tools like Bash, Shell, and/or Perl
- Ability to follow a data base model and craft SQL queries for data analysis from a data warehousing perspective
- Hands on experience with container based deployments, like Build Forge, along with configuration management tools
We’d love to see:
- Degree in Computer Science and/or related degree
- Hands on experience with Java based applications
- An architectural level knowledge of application infrastructures
- Familiarity with RunDeck
Impact You'll Make:
- You’ll join a team that uses procedures, scripts, database queries, and other tools to analyze and resolve application issues in a variety of open system infrastructures supporting our Online Fulfillment environment.
- You’ll work with business partners communicating information about system health, outages, and/or statuses of support requests.
- You’ll maintain and create new support tools that can help automate process and provide additional monitoring, alerting, and reporting for our production systems.
- You’ll be directly responsible for maximizing system availability.
- You’ll help users with application questions and issues.
- You’ll research, troubleshoot, diagnose, and recommend solutions to increasingly complex business or technical problems.
- You’ll capture metrics regarding performance and capacity, stability, and value that drive business decisions.
- Ability to participate in 7/24/365 on-call or shift rotation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.