We are hiring a Senior Android Developer in our Chicago HQ to double down on our election of the next generation of Wanna - with the aim to provide our customers with a world class mobile and online betting experience powered by architecture at a global scale.
Our tech stack includes AWS and Python on the backend, Java and Kotlin for Android, and Swift for iOS. While you should be on your way to “rockstar” status on day one, we have a culture of learning, so expect to be challenged and pushed beyond your comfort zone. Along those lines, we’re a heavily transparent and open culture, so a willingness to challenge the status-quo, speak up and help your teammates is a must.
- Work with product and design teams to develop new ideas and explore new opportunities. Your opinion matters and you’ll have opportunities to have a say in how things are built out
- Write code that is designed to be reusable and that can be shared amongst other teams
- Bring product and code improvement ideas to the team
Minimum 6 years of Android development experience.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Strong knowledge of the Android SDK, including high level components (activities, fragments, services) and AndroidX components
- Architect and build your projects using Java and Kotlin - Must be fluent in Kotlin
- Experience using modern Android architectural components and lifecycle management: MVVM, View Model, Live Data, Data Binding, Room
- Experience working with notifications and background tasks
- Experience with localization and internationalization
- Strong knowledge different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Understanding of several things that are new and important for each API version in Android; i.e. what can you do in API 21+ that you cannot do in API 19
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Experience with creating custom components
- Familiarity with Android test suites: MockK and junit, various UX tests
- Experience with complex or dynamic layouts in Android