Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
We are looking for technical team members at all levels who want to push themselves to deliver best in market SaaS solutions. We offer a challenging environment where you will have to grow, adapt and use your skills consistently. Success will be the reward as we build solutions for the moments that matter for our customers.
You can read the bullets below. But they almost always look the same, right? Here is the deal – being an architect and engineer here at DFIN means helping us deliver SaaS software solutions for our customers that primarily work with the SEC or other global regulating bodies. Our products are in demand because we solve regulatory problems for our customers. You can make a difference here.
The Senior Architect is responsible for delivering results for the Engineering department by:
- Accelerating our architecture execution for the company’s suite of products in the Cloud and work collaboratively across all functional departments to support the long-term product vision
- Ensuring that our core products functionality is transitioned to a unified target architecture
- Being a leader at DFIN who is both highly technical and understands business
- Actively participating in the engineering process-anticipating our future needs
Collaborate with the mission of designing and implementing evolutionary and sometimes transformational architectures. We are not in a business-as-usual state and need experience, creativity and grit to push us farther.
Advance our Cloud Architecture
Drive the creation and implementation of architecture standards and artifacts by working collaboratively with the Engineering leadership team and Chief Architect.
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to develop the architecture, build the backlog, and adjust the design as necessary. Collaborate with the Product Management and Engineering Leadership team to make sure the voice of data architecture is part of our SaaS architecture.
- Solve difficult domain problems.
- Analyze the risks, benefits, and opportunities associated with the implementation of a solution.
Be Diligent about Planning and Design
Translate product requirements to system level architecture and high-level designs. Work with senior technical teams (technical leads, principal engineers, etc.) to develop detailed designs and put your hands on the keyboard when it’s called for.
Have a Flexible mindset
Delivers solutions in small steps, with incremental feedback loop from internal and external stakeholders. Flexible and able to adjust or change direction as the business environment and technology universe evolves and changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines
- 10+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record.
- Excellent Knowledge of the new technology trends and its applications for the new products in the market.
- Excellent Knowledge of Software Engineering Discipline, including multiple target architectures and messaging.
- Strong technical understanding of the Microsoft technology stack
- Proven experience assessing business requirements
- Strong leadership skills and ability to perform under pressure to deliver complex technical solutions
- Excellent communication skills with ability to relate with both technical and business professionals
- In depth knowledge of Agile Project Development Methodologies
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected].