What is a Senior AWS DevOps Engineer at Nextpoint
As a senior member of the Engineering team, you’ll be responsible for helping us maintain and improve our massively complex cloud-based infrastructure. This includes automation of AWS components, and understanding of AWS offerings and the ability to advise senior technical and business leaders on build versus buy strategies throughout the stack. You’ll also work with developers on a variety of tasks from troubleshooting issues in the production environment, to aiding in design decisions for new features and services. We tend to also lead the discussions around monitoring and security. You’ll work with development teams to help coach them on the kind of metrics we need, building actionable alerts and visualizing these metrics in a dashboard. Being comfortable providing input and supplying supporting arguments is a necessary skill to be successful in this position. We like strong opinions, loosely held.
- Enables CI and CD through development of appropriate tools and infrastructure.
- Participates in technical discussions, provides insights based upon past experience and implements the best solutions.
- Works across application stack to move software to production, as needed.
- Develops monitoring solutions, which alert the team of potential issues.
- Develops self-service solutions to help increase productivity and reduce unnecessary roadblocks.
- Helps resolve technical issues in production and other environments, which are critical to business needs.
What do you need?
- Self-driven and takes ownership very seriously
- A mindset for automation
- 3+ years successful team leading experience (or equivalent demonstrable ability )
- 7+ years’ experience in supporting highly customer-focused mission critical environments (e.g. high profile websites or enterprise infrastructure) essential.
- 2+ years’ experience of engineering, architecting, or supporting AWS solutions.
- 4+ years of experience with a configuration Management / Orchestration tools
- 4+ years of experience supporting production web applications is a must, production support of SaaS is a big plus
Nextpoint is a pioneer in Legal Tech and a market leader in cloud-based eDiscovery and trial solutions for law firms, corporations, and government agencies. Our eDiscovery platform helps attorneys manage large data sets, identify relevant information via AI and complex searches, and organize the evidence to build compelling arguments to support their clients' interests.
The legal industry is undergoing an exciting transformation as new technologies redefine how law firms operate and serve their clients. Nextpoint is leading the way with innovative solutions that meet the needs of this dynamic market.
Working at Nextpoint is a fast-paced, success driven culture. Projects move fast and plans change frequently as we navigate opportunities and meet the needs of our clients. We are problem solvers and challenge seekers, but above all we strive for a happy workplace and satisfied clients. Engineers and Developers enjoy working at Nextpoint for its development-friendly culture, ability to impact the company’s efforts tangibly, collegial atmosphere, and culture of excellence.
Nextpoint is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
What's in it for you?
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families
- Supportive work environment and with senior management who is focused on professional growth for every staff member
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Snacks and in-office lunches shared at our ever-growing lunch table
- Competitive compensation with a combination of base and incentives
- The ability to invest in your future and ours via a competitive equity package providing ownership in the company
- The ability to build and shape the entire technology organization of a rapidly growing, disruptive startup.
- The chance to change the justice system of our society