Senior AWS Engineer at Enova
How do you like to make an impact?
Think back to your last job. Were you able to run with projects from start to finish, to truly choose each next step? Enova managers empower you to make your own decisions and drive your work. That could mean anything from taking the lead on the development of a new mobile app, to determining the best way to help a customer break down their loan payments. When we talk to our team members, they tell us their managers trust them to get the job done. Where else can your voice be heard Day One? We want you to make your mark. This is the core of Enova.
About the role:
In this role, you will work on our Application & Platform Infrastructure team to build, maintain, and evolve the platforms that run Enova's services in AWS and our own data centers. You will use Terraform to build out the foundations of these platforms and interfaces. We strive to automate everything and a core component of your role will be to build new services, lambdas, and tools to reduce unnecessary burden on the team.
What you'll be doing:
- Build and evolve the platforms used to run Enova's services across AWS and our own data centers.
- Find and implement new ways Enova can leverage AWS strategically.
- Reduce internal team toil through enabling self-service and automation.
- Collaborate with Analytics, Data Services, and Software Engineering to leverage AWS appropriately.
- Operate as an internal advisor on topics such as Distributed Systems, AWS, Containers, Automation, or Infrastructure as Code.
- Set the foundation for Enova's container platform built on top of EKS/Kubernetes.
We're excited about you if you have:
- 3+ years of AWS experience in a production environment
- Experience writing tools or automations in Bash, Ruby, Python, or Go
- Writing Terraform modules
- Expertise with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible or SaltStack
- An understanding of containers and Kubernetes
- Experience working with a hybrid cloud environment
About our Application & Platform Infrastructure Team:
The Application & Platform Infrastructure team's mission is to build, maintain, and evolve the platforms and associated infrastructure required to run the services of Enova. This is done with a focus on increasing reliability, stability, data availability, and ease of use of the platform. These platforms are built on-top of virtual machines in both AWS and our own data center, lambdas, and containers via Kubernetes. The foundation of these platforms are built with Terraform whenever it is the appropriate tool. When Terraform doesn't fit, we find the best tool for the job which sometimes is our own tooling written in Bash, Ruby, Python, or Go. We strive to build the interfaces to these platforms in a self-service manner when possible to help enable ownership across the organization.
Enova is a FinTech company dedicated to using technology to help hard-working people get access to fast, trustworthy credit. To date, we’ve helped more than 5 million customers around the world. Born and raised in Chicago, our philosophy is simple, “Life’s short. Work someplace awesome.” Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.