Senior AWS Engineer
How do you like to make an impact?
Think back to your last job. Were you able to run with projects from start to finish, to truly choose each next step? Enova managers empower you to make your own decisions and drive your work. That could mean anything from taking the lead on the development of a new mobile app, to determining the best way to help a customer break down their loan payments. When we talk to our team members, they tell us their managers trust them to get the job done. Where else can your voice be heard Day One? We want you to make your mark. This is the core of Enova.
About the role:
In this role, you will work on our Application & Platform Infrastructure team to automate all aspects of our cloud and on premise infrastructure. You will build and maintain our infrastructure, as well as our system automation, while adhering to our Infrastructure as Code philosophy.
What you'll be doing:
- Build automations and tooling to improve and evolve how Enova runs applications and microservices in AWS and in our data center.
- Work alongside Analytics, Data Services, and Software Engineering to build out our AWS based decisioning as a service product.
- Operate as an advisor to software engineers with building, designing, and supporting microservices including lambdas.
- Provide subject matter expertise in server and service configuration to teams across the Technology organization.
We're excited about you if you have:
- 5+ years of Unix / Linux systems engineering in a production environment.
- Hands on experience running a hybrid cloud infrastructure in AWS.
- Experience building infrastructure as code with tools like Terraform.
- Expertise with configuration management tools such as Chef or Puppet.
- Working knowledge of Bash, Perl, Ruby and/or Python scripting.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization technologies.
- Understanding of web technologies and protocols.
- Networking knowledge pertaining to cloud, systems, and services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
About our Application & Platform Infrastructure Team:
By automating the infrastructure, our team supports all of our services developed by our Software Engineering Team and run by our Technical Operations Team. We work in a mixed infrastructure environment, leveraging both co-location facilities and AWS for our production environments. Our tech stack includes Ruby on Rails, Go, Postgres, and Debian/Ubuntu Linux, and we work with AWS, Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation, VMware, Kubernetes, and Jenkins.
Enova is a FinTech company dedicated to using technology to help hard-working people get access to fast, trustworthy credit. To date, we’ve helped more than 5 million customers around the world. Born and raised in Chicago, our philosophy is simple, “Life’s short. Work someplace awesome.” Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.
Our goal at Enova, we believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.