Senior Deployment Engineer
What you’ll be doing:
As a Senior Deployment Engineer, you will be responsible for building and automating our continuous integration/delivery platform. You will collaborate with other teams in Software Engineering, Analytics, Infrastructure, and TechOps to facilitate software delivery across the entire organization. In addition to service provisioning and supporting our current build/test systems, you will support the rollout of new tooling to improve the speed and scale of our CI/CD platform.
- The office is located within walking distance to both Union Station and Ogilvie, which makes it easy to commute from within the city or the suburbs.
- Commuter benefits, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, summer hours, tuition reimbursement, and a sabbatical program.
- Revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!)
Your core priorities will be to:
- Work across functional teams (development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure) and projects to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems
- Actively participate in the implementation of new frameworks and tools across the Software Engineering department
- Design and develop features for virtualized development environments
- Work to continuously improve speed, efficiency and scalability of our build and test systems
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and solve problems related to code deployments
- Engage in cross-functional teamwork within the organization's Agile project life-cycle
- Systems automation will be a key function of the role on a day to day basis
What you should have:
- 3+ years of Unix/Linux systems administration
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment Pipelines
- Working knowledge of Bash, Ruby and/or Python scripting
- Working knowledge of CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins, Travis CI and similar technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Nice to have:
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (Chef, Puppet, or similar)
- Amazon Web Services or other cloud infrastructure expertise
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware or Docker
- Working knowledge of Ruby on Rails, Go, or PostgreSQL
About our team:
The Deployment Engineering team is responsible for building out the tools and processes to support Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery. Our aim is to provide a self-service delivery platform that will scale to support Enova's growing microservices architecture. We work closely with our Software Engineering, IT, and Technical Operations teams to iterate quickly on ideas and ensure that software deployments are fast and secure.
Our environments are hosted in AWS, and our current toolset includes Github, Jenkins, Travis CI, Terraform, Spinnaker, and Docker, but we are passionate about learning and leveraging the right technology to empower others.
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work someplace awesome."
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.