Senior DevOps Engineer
Evive people are game-changers.
Evive was founded by two people who wanted to challenge the status quo...and did. Since 2007, that spirit has defined our culture. The work we do is redefining how people use their employee benefits, with SaaS-based services that help people to improve their lives and Fortune 1000 enterprises to optimize their benefits investments. We strive every day for the ideal of #benefitslove. Are you one of us?
We’re looking for a creative Senior DevOps Engineer. Is it you?
We are looking for a creative Senior DevOps Engineer to help drive our transition to AWS and infrastructure as code. In this role, your duties will include designing patterns and templates for proper cloud use, implementing infrastructure and policy as code, working closely with developers to design and support deployment pipelines. You will also have a passion for automating repetitive tasks.
Here’s what a Senior DevOps Engineer does at Evive (for people who like bullet lists):
- Consult with management on the operational requirements of software solutions.
- Contribute expertise on information system options, risk, and operational impact.
- Mentor junior software developers in gaining experience and assuming DevOps responsibilities.
- Manage the installation and configuration of solutions.
- Complete code and script updates, as well as resolving product implementation errors.
- Develop tools to manage configuration and deployment of infrastructure.
- Automate security and policy configuration and audit checks.
- Design and improve CI/CD tools and techniques.
- All other duties as assigned.
You bring a lot to the table.
- Minimum of 3 years work in cloud environments, AWS preferred.
- Extensive experience in DevOps Engineering.
- Ability to mentor junior software developers, as well as report to management.
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages such as Python, Ruby and Java.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Working experience with container technology such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of cloud orchestration tools such as AWS CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Experienced in using CI/CD tooling with Jenkins, Azure Devops or similar technologies.
- Experience developing software in Linux platforms preferred.
- Proficiency in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics.
- Advanced knowledge of best practices related to data encryption and cybersecurity.
- Ability to keep up with software development trends and innovation.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Evive takes care of its teammates. Here are our current benefits:
- Laid-back office, casual attire—jeans and a t-shirt are always okay!
- Weekly catered lunch + daily stocked kitchen with drinks, fresh fruit, and a variety of other snacks
- Competitive salaries with annual bonus pay
- Paid Time Off—both for vacation and volunteering
- Paid Sick Time
- Four work-from-home days every month
- Employer-paid medical insurance + subsidized vision, dental, and short-term disability insurance
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- Student loan assistance program
- Employee assistance program
- Pre-tax commuter benefit + convenient location (right off the CTA blue line and Union Station)
- Treadmill desks: walk and work!
- Company-sponsored book club
- And we watch Jeopardy! every day
If you’re prepared to go big, go bold, and go beyond, you’re ready to go Evive.