ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 130,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 130,000 today to millions.
We are currently seeking a talented Senior DevOps Engineer to join us as we extend our platform and work to scale our quickly growing user base.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you’ll get to build the systems that power our products and the tooling that helps our engineers deliver their software. We are looking for people with a strong background in continuous integration (CI), container orchestration (docker/kubernetes), and deploying/configuring systems within Amazon Web Services (AWS).
What your day could consist of:
- Building a scalable and robust Gitlab CI platform with the goal of handling hundreds of complex/interdependent microservice builds and deployments
- Provisioning and monitoring our Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service clusters to ensure speed and resilience
- Deploying and maintaining cloud native software in kubernetes such as Istio, Prometheus, CoreDNS, etc
- Building and contributing code to our custom platform tooling with the aim of providing a platform as a service (PAAS) experience for our developers
- Writing bash scripts and kubectl plugins to simplify the kubernetes experience with predefined workflows
- Collaborating with developers to ensure reliable, fast, and quality builds and deployments
- Debugging issues related to Gitlab CI or containers/pods running in Kubernetes
What is needed:
- You like fast feedback loops and have experience building continuous integration (CI) pipelines. We are heavily invested in the GitLab ecosystem. Experience with Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI, or Bamboo is great as well
- You love running production workloads in the cloud and have experience building well-architected cloud environments. We are completely hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) but are open to experience on other cloud platforms like Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Microsoft Azure
- A passion for containers and container orchestration. We are currently building new microservices and migrating legacy services to Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS). Other experience with Docker Swarm, Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS), and Apache Mesos is awesome too
- Bonus points if you are kubernetes command line expert. You’ve worked with kubernetes and have experience with docker and kubernetes deployment tooling i.e minikube, kubectl, helm
- You live that “infrastructure as code” life. Experience with provisioning and configuration management tools. We are currently using Terraform, Pulumi, and Chef but are open to experience with Cloudformation, Ansible, Puppet, or other similar tooling
- Comfortable moving quickly and collaborating in a fast paced product development environment. We are building developer tooling that abstracts away complexity with simple workflows. This requires working closely with developers. We are trying to build “heroku-like” experiences for our developers. Most of our tools are written in bash, typescript or golang(go). We expect solid scripting skills but we are open to experience in other languages like python, php, or ruby
- Sometimes unexpected things happen. You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves and looking under the hood. You have experience debugging/fixing application errors or linux system issues
- Other bonus points include: linux tuning skills (Amazon Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS) or database tuning (we use Amazon Aurora MySQL and ProxySQL)
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, parental leave, career pathing and lots of swag.
Check out more information on our benefits & perks here.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.