Senior DevOps Engineer
Full-time role, Chicago, Detroit, Mexico City, Krakow or Remote
SpotOn is a cutting-edge software company dedicated to redefining the merchant services industry. SpotOn combines payment processing with customer engagement and business management solutions, giving small and medium businesses the data and tools they need to run and grow their business.Our tools increase revenue and connect businesses with their customers using rewards, deals, online reviews, website building, and data analytics. Tools like these were previously only available to big businesses with big bankrolls and their own developers, but our platform caters to neighborhood stores, independent retailers, and other small to midsize businesses. We have our service deployed in many cities across the U.S. and Mexico.
SpotOn’s DevOps team is tasked with keeping our platform operational and providing tools and processes for fast and efficient development to our developers. There is a mix of reactive request-based work as well as long term project work. There is a wide range of environments and applications to support as part of the team, from helping to modernize our legacy monolithic platform apps to building and supporting our newer services-architecture based applications. Our backends are written primarily in Python and Golang. Our front ends are mostly React based. We utilize Mongo, Postgres, and MySQL for our databases.
We are currently migrating most of our workloads into Kubernetes and serverless, and need your help to keep up with the workload and help us innovate while supporting and migrating our legacy deployments. A strong candidate for this position will have good communication skills to work with various development teams and their own team to achieve success. They should have a year or more of experience working on and supporting cloud-based web applications in an operational role, as well as be comfortable in the basics of developing web applications. They’ll be comfortable working primarily in code, utilizing “GitOps,” and know the operational side of web software as well.
- Strong programming fundamentals (Python, Golang, or similar)
- Infrastructure “as code” experience (Terraform preferred)
- Experience building and maintaining Continuous Integration and Delivery Pipelines
- Strong independent troubleshooting skills
- Self-driven and takes pride in doing things well
- Ability to communicate complex technical ideas and infrastructure with both operations and developers
- Experience running production workloads on a cloud platform (AWS preferred)
- Experience running production workloads using Kubernetes and Docker
Nice to haves:
- Experience writing and/or supporting Django, Flask, or Phoenix web frameworks
- Solid understanding of GitOps
- Solid understanding of serverless applications
- Deep understanding of the CNCF landscape, including Helm, Helmfile, prometheus
- Experience with Datadog
- Experience with OpsGenie
- Familiarity with Codefresh.io
- Compliance and Auditing experience (PCI, SOC2)
- Some applicable security research experience (application, infrastructure, pen testing, etc.)
… then here’s a bit about what we have to offer!
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Relocation stipend available
- 401K with matching
- Flexible hours
- Reasonable work-from-home flexibility
- Casual dress code
- Kitchen stocked with drinks and snacks
SpotOn is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.