Senior DevOps Engineer at JPMorgan Chase
As an experienced Infrastructure Engineering professional, you'll be making decisions of a global and strategic nature that impact our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe. Your expertise in analyzing complex data systems, anticipating problems, and finding ways to mitigate risk, will be key in leading a high performing team to successfully design and navigate the program roadmap. By incorporating your knowledge of business drivers, you will affect change and lead development of innovative improvements and world-class practices. Your team will be responsible for driving results, and implementing multiple, complex programs that span the breadth of the business, and they’ll look to you to provide the technical leadership to move them forward. And while you will be part of a tight-knit team that shares your passion for technology, you’ll also gain access the best minds in the business—both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in full stack developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Demonstrable experience in the elicitation & specification of architectural, functional and non-functional requirements
- Ability to assess the technical requirements of legacy / on-premise applications and recommend target cloud native architectures
- Working proficiency in DevOps with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Cloud Native / PaaS services and Cloud Architectures for AWS, Azure or Google Cloud platforms
- Experience in cloud development practices - developing Micro services using spring cloud stack, Docker, Cloud Foundry or Kubernetes technologies.
- Strong debugging and visualization skills
- Strong working knowledge of databases (Oracle, MySQL) and server stack (Tomcat/Apache)
- Experience with working in a Self-organized, Agile, Test Driven Environment
- Experience with build & deployment tools like NPM/Yarn, Maven and Jenkins.
- Familiarity with GIT, JIRA, BitBucket or similar tools
- Familiarity with Unix and scripting languages
- Demonstrate a strong aptitude towards understanding customer and business needs
- Available for production incident triage as required to support the business
- Strong communication (both written and oral) and presentation skills
- Experience in Financial applications or related business experience is a plus.
- Adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.