Technology drives our business. Our team is made up of talented software engineers, infrastructure engineers, leaders and UX professionals. We care about technology as a craft and a differentiator. We bring our global products to market with a mix of software, cloud, data centers, infrastructure, design, and grit.
About Workplace Products and Solutions
This is where we build and provide our hosted digital advice platform for Retirement plans, 401K’s, etc. (what some call robo-advisors).
As a Senior Software Engineer, Devops, you will be responsible for the automation, performance, efficiency and scaling of applications and infrastructures. You are a highly creative and intellectually curious engineer instrumental in enabling teams to contribute to infrastructure as code and embrace modern development practices. You must be able to work independently and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish organizational goals. As part of a team that’s leading the next wave of retirement advise, you will play an integral part in advancing Morningstar’s engineering and operational excellence spearheading modern CI/CD best practices.
Day to Day
- Learn existing deployment and application stacks to provide continuous improvements and cloud migration strategies.
- Work in a diverse technical environment to establish and champion CI/CD patterns
- Use operational tools and monitoring platforms to gain in-depth knowledge, understanding, and ongoing monitoring of system availability, performance, and capacity.
- Work with business partners to establish Service Level Indicators and Objectives (SLIs and SLOs)
- Write and execute build and deployment scripts
- Set up and maintain software development tools spanning source control, continuous integration/delivery, testing, code review, etc.
- Implement alerting strategy that makes alerts actionable, unique, and meaningful.
- Remain current on emerging technologies
- Motivate and push the ‘pipeline first’ mentality
- Utilize a security-first mindset
- Exemplary and demonstrable knowledge of build, release, and configuration management practices
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Embrace collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Very passionate about staying current on trends and best practices in software development and management
- Strong, demonstrable knowledge of source control tools (Git, CodeCommit, etc.) and branching strategies.
- Strong, demonstrable knowledge of build/release tools (Jenkins, uDeploy, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, etc.)
- Strong, demonstrable understanding of Configuration Management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt Stack)
- Strong knowledge of monitoring strategies and tools
- Systems administration-level knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Experience running incident postmortems
- Working knowledge of Linux
- AWS working experience
- AWS certification(s)
Bachelor's degree or higher with previous experience in a technical support role.
You have been working in technology for 6+ years