About Beyond Finance
Beyond Finance is an exciting next generation FinTech company headquartered in Houston with additional offices in San Diego and Chicago. We provide financial products that are easy to use and accessible that aim to improve people’s lives. As the consumer debt market continues to grow in the United States, we have made it our objective to create a transparent and fair debt management service that is customized to the consumer’s individual situation.
Our leadership team has extensive experience and expertise in the financial services and debt management marketplace. We are reinventing the market by investing in innovative technologies to best serve our customers. Our workforce is a community made up of celebrated, diverse backgrounds working towards the common objective of developing something transformational for the debt settlement industry.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who specializes in AWS to develop, maintain, and support our growing infrastructure and application development. As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will provide strategic, innovative, and cost-effective solutions to increase efficiency, reliability, and integration of our services and operations. You will work in a semi-autonomous environment where fast prototyping of emerging technologies to solve industry-related problems is the rule.
What You’ll Do
- Build and maintain our entire AWS technology stack, from ECS to ELBs and databases to launch and support our internal applications in partnership with our AWS Architect
- Work closely with our internal engineering teams to automate manual processes and support our continuous integration and continuous delivery code pipelines
- Build and maintain tools, solutions, and microservices associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring we meet our customer service standards and reduce errors
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catch and solve issues before launch
- Test our system integrity and continuously make improvements to our infrastructure
- Update our processes and design new processes as needed
- Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements
What We Look For
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field.
- More than two years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role)
- Experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and AWS
- Strong experience with database technologies such as PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, NoSQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, Cassandra, and/or Mongo
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services
- Experience in working with Selenium or equivalent for automation and configuration
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management
- Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems
- Current with industry trend and best practices, ability to identify the ones we should implement
- Strong time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed
Why join us?
We are looking for great people to join a fast-paced, growing, and innovative business. We offer:
- Considerable employer contributions for health, dental and vision programs
- 4 weeks personal time-off
- 401(K) match
- Merit advancement opportunities
- Career development & training
More importantly, our team spirit and culture are what really sets us apart as a company. We’re a world class Financial Technology company that loves what we do…and we have fun doing it!
*Beyond Finance is an equal opportunity Employer*