Senior Director Engineering-21-0862 at Relativity
- You have significant management experience and are an effective leader; you regularly show leadership and drive high standards in recruiting, annual focal review (performance review, promotion slate, development plans, etc.), and other key people-processes. You have defined long-term, high-level plans that affect many groups, including those outside your department.
- You create a leadership culture and are consistent in your words and actions. You recognize potential and seek to develop leadership capability in others.
- You influence teams and groups outside your wider organization with your deep insight and strategic thinking.
- You participate in Relativity’s planning process for your team, driving its strategic direction, ensuring its accurate measurement, and your team has delivered against your plan.
- You define standards of excellence for your team and are responsible for achieving the intended outcomes – you own the results.
- You demonstrate the ability to escalate appropriately and effectively throughout the company to drive results.
- You have demonstrated the ability to drive the definition and adoption of metrics that appropriately capture your business and operational performance.
- Your decisions are influenced by an understanding of business, financial, and legal issues.
- You create a culture of innovation, encouraging your team members to find new and better ways to achieve their goals. You foster an appropriate culture of tolerance for taking innovative risk.
- You own the technical vision and plan for implementation for one or more product domains; responsible for the technical integrity of products delivered in these domains
- Actively work to attract, develop and retain top talent to build best in class capability. Hire and manage engineering managers and serve as the people leader for his/her product domains
- Maintain an understanding of technical trends, customer trends, and competitive product
- You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- You and your team develop pragmatic solutions. You build flexible systems and processes without over-engineering and choose simple, straightforward solutions over more complex ones.
- You have an understanding and empathy for Relativity’s customers and business objectives, particularly those aspects relevant to your team and your division.
- You know who your customers are. You inform and involve your stakeholders in planning and implementation of work in your team.
- You continually align your team’s work, goals and priorities with Relativity’s business objectives and deliver significant business value.
- You stretch beyond your current goals and objectives to proactively find ways of growing the business and providing value to customers.
- Customer orientation; pursuit for understanding customer need and delivering innovative solutions to meet them
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing; Exceptional presentation skills
- Effective interpersonal, leadership and influencing skills
- Strong decision-making skills and good judgement
- Effective organization and planning skills
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial, and demonstrated creative and innovative problem-solving ability
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks with overlapping deadlines
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
- Ability to work comfortably in ambiguous situations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines or equivalent experience
- 12+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and leading successful engineering teams