ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) helps over 150,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Over 100,000 of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in Marketing Automation, CRM, and E-Commerce Personalization on G2.com and is the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Pricing starts at just $9/month. Start a free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions.
ActiveCampaign’s engineering team is growing rapidly and we are looking for Senior Engineering Managers to help us scale. Our Senior Engineering Managers are people with varying technical backgrounds and interests who are heavily involved in the technical details of their team. As managers, our main focus is keeping our teams efficient and executing on the right goals. We build teams that are inclusive, collaborative, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
If you have a passion and track record for solving problems; moreover, have strong leadership skills and a strong software development background, this is a great fit for you.
What your day could consist of:
- Lead multiple teams of talented engineers who like to ship code and tackle hard engineering problems
- Maintain rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Contribute to and/or execute on the organization’s vision and standards around security, quality, observability and clean code
- Support legacy and modern services and applications in the public cloud and deploy them through CI/CD practices
- Create a collaborative work environment that fosters autonomy, inclusivity, innovation, learning, respect and transparency while holding a high bar for craftsmanship
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Designers to ensure we're building great products
- Demonstrate problem solving and technical innovation through "rolling-up sleeves" and "getting hands dirty"
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity
- Share knowledge with team members via a formal mentoring relationship, reviewing code, reviewing design docs, giving technical talks and JIT feedback
- Work closely with the People Team to hire talented and high potential engineers from diverse backgrounds
What is needed:
- 5+ Experience building and deploying scalable applications in the cloud using CI/CD/CT practices in one of the following languages: Java, Python or PHP
- 5+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- Solid database experience in SQL, NoSQL and event streaming technologies
- Quality first mindset
- Experience solving challenging technical problems with a focus on throughput and fast response time
- Strong communication skills and customer focus
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees’ ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.