As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally
The Spread eTrading Technology team is focused on delivering best in class IT solutions to the Credit and SPG Trading businesses where JP Morgan is a market leader. We are a team of around 30 people with the core of our development effort based in London, New York and Hong Kong where we partner closely with the quant research group and face off directly to the trading desks. Our core strength is providing technical expertise and software development skills that directly affect the ability of our business to generate revenue and remain the dominant player in the market. We are committed to hiring the brightest and best technical experts and in return can offer roles with direct trading and quant interaction on projects related to electronic and algorithmic trading.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Ideal candidate has experience with design and development in a multi-tier architecture. Experience should include building low latency, high throughput, scalable, fault-tolerant systems
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Strong grasp of object-oriented design and programming principles, multi-threaded architecture
- Experience with middleware technologies (e.g. RMDS, Informatica UM, Chronicle, AMPS, Tibco)
- An understanding of virtual machine architecture including memory management, garbage collection and hotspot compiler is a plus
- Strong database skills and experience with SQL, noSQL databases
- Continuous deployment skills: Jenkins, Chef, Bamboo
- Containerization with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with SCM tools: Spring, Maven, Git
- Unix/Linux command line and shell scripting
- Understanding of financial markets along with experience in electronic trading preferred
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.