ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 85,000 businesses in 158 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 85,000 today to millions.
At ActiveCampaign product is at our core and drives our business, and we’re looking for self-motivated Senior Front End Engineers who are focused on building high-quality experiences in the browser that are as performant as they are delightful for our customers. Ideally, you have architected, built and tested complex, multi-view applications using a React, Redux, and Typescript. You are also an expert at writing semantic markup, maintainable styles, and working with APIs. Above all, you value iteration, customer focus, and humility.
We believe front-end development is closely related to design, helping bring life to the product from a visual and interaction layer, and ultimately helping people solve their problems while bringing delight to their everyday lives. We also believe a well executed development process touches every part of the product, from accessibility to conversion, and everywhere in-between.
If you believe the same, we should chat!
What your day could consist of:
- Working on a cross-functional team to build and improve ActiveCampaign’s approach to front-end engineering
- Providing leadership for ActiveCampaign’s front-end architecture and development decisions as we design and build new features and advanced capabilities
- Optimizing systems to improve stability, performance, and scalability
- Producing quality, tested code, and helping define coding standards and best practices
- Staying informed on industry activity and advocating for new patterns or approaches when and where appropriate
- Mentoring and helping grow fellow engineers
- Participating in external industry events and collaborations
What is needed:
- Extensive and proven experience building UI and UX that quantifiably improve products
- Extensive and proven experience building scalable applications using React, preferably with Typescript
- Experience with writing automated tests and the practical application of TDD principles
- An ability to work with other technical leads to ensure alignment with broader standards and best practices
- Discipline to lead by example in delivering high-quality solutions that scale and adhere to best practices defined by design and engineering
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.