Senior Front End Engineer – Reusable Component Library at DocuSign
Senior Front End Engineer – Reusable Component Library
Engineering & Tech Operations | Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Engineering & Tech Operations team builds and operates complex solutions for global business challenges that cross cultures, legal jurisdictions, and impacts millions of people and businesses every day. We hire people with a broad set of skills and people who want to work on creating never-been-done-before solutions at scale while ensuring world-class reliability and security. Our Agreement Cloud is a revolutionary solution that changes the way people live, work, and come to agreement.
The Senior Front End Engineer on the Components team will be responsible for building and maintaining key features that are integral to our customers and business. The Signing team has a startup-like atmosphere that is self-driven, passionate, and creates quality features. A successful person in this role will have a flexible attitude combined with an aptitude to learn and share. This person enjoys working in a fast-paced agile environment, cares about their decisions, and is focused on quality driven development. This role is on the forefront of our global expansion efforts as the Signing team is focused on helping DocuSign open in new markets.
This position reports to the Senior Engineering Manager.
- Build reusable React components to be used across all DocuSign front-end applications
- Collaborate with other teams migrating legacy code to React
- Mentor and provide guidance to teams to other teams on React best practices
- Work cooperatively with product management and design to create features that satisfy user needs with simplicity, consistency, and robustness
- Identify, propose, and implement process improvements to continuously increase the team's’ productivity and efficiency
- Stay current with the latest development best practices and share your findings with the team
- Work as part of a cross-site development team to drive design, implementation, testing and release of products
- BS degree in Computer Science or a relevant field of study
- Extensive experience building component libraries
- 3+ years React development
- Experience with git, continuous integration and deployment tools
- Experience working with cross-browser behaviors and quirks
- Experience in working in an agile development environment
- Passion for UI; Good sense of usability and design in consumer applications
- Experience working with remote teams and cross functional teams
- Able to work out of our San Francisco, CA HQ (SOMA/Financial)
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.