Senior Frontend Engineer at Morningstar
About the Role
• Create cascading style sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms.
• Use an Agile approach to iteratively maintain and develop new functionality.
• Work with server-side engineers to build robust RESTful and/or SOAP-based Web services.
• Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies.
• Promote and implement usability best practices.
• Promote and implement accessibility best practices.
• A bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or another related field.
• 1-3 years’ experience with server-side technologies such as Node.js, Java, or C#.
• Proven experience implementing, maintaining and improving a CI/CD pipeline
• Proven knowledge of enterprise software concerns such as security, scalability, transaction management, and concurrency.
• Familiarity with design patterns like MVC and MVVM required.
• Experience working in Scrum-based methodologies is a plus.
• Experience working with SASS and build process management tools like Grunt, or Gulp, or Webpack.
• Highly motivated individual with the potential and desire to learn new technologies and take on an increasing level of responsibility within the technology team.
• Ability to work independently, communicates effectively, and produces superior results.
• Experience within the financial services industry is desirable.