Senior Full-Stack Engineer
We build primarily in Ruby/Rails, Python, Go and React, but we value identifying the right language/framework for the job. We believe in fast development cycles, clean architecture, test driven code, fast specs, hypermedia APIs, service oriented architecture, contributing to open source, and continuous deployment.
Everyone at Reverb takes creative initiative, helps set their own priorities, and comes up with new ways to grow the business. Our software engineers take pride in crafting great software but take even more pride in product ownership, taking ideas from concept to release and beyond. Not sure what it's like to work here? Check this out: https://product.reverb.com
Here are the qualities we look for in our potential hires:
Product ownership – we are not just software engineers and designers. At Reverb, you’ll be expected to track the performance of features you release, talk to customers, and help figure out next steps to grow the business.
Self-motivation - taking initiative to just get things done. Have an idea? Find someone else to help you make it a reality rather than waiting for work to be assigned.
- Building the Reverb core Rails app and refactoring existing code to higher quality standards.
- Developing public facing and internal JSON APIs (we use Grape and Go to build these).
- Having a deep understanding of your chosen languages and frameworks, enough to understand and make tradeoffs.
- Participating in pairing sessions, code reviews, and researching things independently.
- Being more than an engineer - a product owner who wants to interact with customers, break down large problems, help set your own priorities, and follow up on the performance of your features to know how they impact customers directly.
- Professional experience with React, Ruby 2, Rails 4 and Postgres or other RDBMS.
- Experience with unit testing (whether TDD, BDD, or spike it first and test it later) and a desire to push everyone to do better.
- Great communication skills and the desire to collaborate across departments and with customers.
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Redis, Docker - huge pluses.
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary and stock options in a high growth company.
- No-bureaucracy environment where ownership and initiative is valued.
- Health insurance and a healthy work environment-- no 80 hour weeks.
- 401k with 4% match.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- A MacBookPro, monitor, keyboard, mouse of your choice. Even a stand up desk if you want!
- Discounts on music gear.
This is a local position in Chicago, please no remote workers or recruiters. Please send us a link to your github!