Senior Hardware Design Electrical Engineer - Custom Products
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Our Applied Technology organization puts some of Motorola Solutions' brightest minds on unique, highly challenging projects. Based on decades of experience with our customers, we apply leading-edge technologies to support security and safety throughout the world. We engineer our products from start to finish and manufacture them in-house. We're known for low volume and high capability with focused specialization in areas including software-defined radios, advanced antenna solutions, artificial intelligence and machine learning, cybersecurity, signalsintelligence and more. We can't tell you much more about what we do, but we can tell you it's amazing.
Applied Technology is seeking a highly talented and technically strong individual to fulfill an Electrical Hardware Engineering role. In this technical position, the role will have unique and varied responsibilities. Candidates for this position are engineers with diverse knowledge and a wide variety of interests. As a key resource across multiple products, the successful candidate will handle these type of tasks:
- Able to pull schematic together that include Analog, digital, interface logic, sensors, peripherals, microprocessors, memory, RF circuits, etc.
- Hardware design with a focus on Power management, Batteries (Li-Ion, NiCd, etc), fuel gauges, and charging circuits.
- Design and optimize circuits for minimal current drain consumption to maximize battery life.
- Knowledge of analog (A/D & D/A converters, op-amps, LEDs, etc), power supplies & voltage regulators.
- Use of schematic capture tools (Cadence a plus), PCB routing, high speed interface, impedance matching, power routing, etc.
- Drive product and feature requirements, architecture, design, and test strategy with customers and engineering teams.
- Creation of test procedures, interface control documents and other documentation.
- Support full product development life-cycle: architecture, design, bring-up, integration of initial HW/SW, factory support, test & validation, and customer support.
- Seek out opinions & build trust/buy-in across all functional teams (hardware, RF, software, FPGA, mechanical, etc), as well as management and customers.
You must be a flexible, results-oriented problem-solver who requires minimal supervision. Projects can vary greatly from one to the next, so you must thrive on variety and enjoy taking on new challenges.
You will work directly and regularly with customers to develop use cases and product requirements and will communicate technical status verbally, written, and in regular customer meetings.
Specific Skills/Knowledge Required:
- Electrical Hardware design of digital and analog circuits
- Knowledgeable in schematic capture & layout (Cadence a plus) and simulation tools (MATLAB, ADS, PSPICE, etc)
- Working knowledge of Embedded SW (C/C++) and ability to bring-up new embedded systems.
- Product & feature architecture, requirements, design, and development experience
- Excellent verbal / written communications skills.
- Knowledge of lab equipment such as signal analyzers, signal generators, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, soldering stations, etc.
- Self starter who can work independently and as a member of a team
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years experience designing low voltage digital and analog circuits
- You must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contracts
Referral Payment Plan
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.