Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Morningstar
Support, configure and maintain exchange connectivity (10%). Define server operating system standards to run Multicast applications (10%). Configure global and local load-balancing for different products (10%). Help migrate different products and applications into cloud-based infrastructure (10%). Write scripts to automate tasks for network devices and servers (10%). Build new and maintain existing server infrastructure globally in accordance with company standards (10%). Work with different line providers, obtain quotes and install new lines (5%). Support, configure, and maintain a low latency global network with multicast protocols (5%). Install, configure and maintain firewalls, routers and switches (5%). Rack and cable physical servers (5%). Help diagnose and resolve both server and LAN/WAN problems (5%). Perform ongoing tuning, hardware maintenance and resource optimization in order to reduce latency (5%). Help diagnose and resolve client communication and connectivity issues (5%). Monitor network and server performance to identify potential problems and bottlenecks (5%).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Infrastructure Networking, or a related field and 5 years of relevant infrastructure networking experience.
- Alternatively, a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Infrastructure Networking, or a related field and 2 years of relevant infrastructure networking experience.
- 1 year of experience in Multicast protocol, including: experience with exchanges and line providers configuring Multicast networks and experience with configuring networks with Multicast and optimizing servers for Multicast protocol.
- Experience with F5 LTG/GTM devices.
- Experience with HP and Cisco routers and switches, with an in‐depth understanding of TCP/IP, routing, and switching.
- Experience with scripting languages like bash, python or powershell.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Cisco Firewalls within a production environment.
- Experience in BMC Discovery, Lansweeper, SolarWinds NPM, SolarWinds Cattools, Infoblox, Cisco UCS Manager, Turbonomics, Entuity and Splunk.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems, including Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Windows Server administration (2008/2012/2016; Web/Standard/Enterprise), and Microsoft Exchange administration.
Morningstar Investment Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.